Want to stream online content means: you want to use Apple TV, which is a streaming platform that allows you to stream online content on your devices such as TV, Browser, or Computer but, the Apple Tv is not working? Sometimes, when you just want to stream your selected content and the Apple Tv starts an abnormal behavior such as the screen getting stuck or sometimes, just loading screen appears. This is the situation when users get worried.
If you are facing a problem with your Apple TV device then, this guide is a helpful asset that will help you to recover from the issue.
Why does Apple TV stop working?
Well, a straight answer to this question is quite difficult. But in most cases, when Apple TV does stop working on your device, there can be several reasons such as an outdated firmware of your Tv, pending updates of your computers (Windows and Mac), some cache problems, an unstable or poor internet connection, and sometimes, a hardware issue.
Along with your streaming devices, issues can be different. So, the best way to determine the problem according to your device is to select the solutions accordingly. In this guide, we have covered the most popular devices on which Apple Tv allows to stream content.
First Thing First
Before proceeding to the solutions according to the devices, the one thing that is common for all devices is Resetting the Apple Tv and clearing the cache. So, this should be your first choice when you have tried and applied many things, and the Apple Tv still not running well.
Steps to Reset Apple TV
- On your Apple TV device, access Settings.
- Select the System option and then, select the Reset option.
- Now, select Reset and Update but, remember that selecting this option will erase all the settings that you had made before and will restore your Apple TV device to its factory settings.
More information is available here.
Clear Apple TV Cache
The cache can create a problem in streamlining play. So clearing cache could also be a small step to fix the problem. Head on to this guide- How to clear the cache on Apple TV.
Apple TV not working on firestick?
If you are using Apple Tv on your FireStick and getting the issue then, make sure that you have the latest version of your FireStick or Fire Tv. Additionally, clear the cache, check your internet connection and reset the Apple Tv if nothing helps. For your ease, here is a list of FireStick versions:
Amazon Fire TV Devices
- Fire TV Cube (2nd Generation): OS 22.214.171.124 (21039196292)
- Fire TV Cube (1st Generation): OS 126.96.36.199 (5604456836)
- Amazon Fire TV Recast: OS 188.8.131.52 (5604456836)
- Fire TV Stick 4K: OS 184.108.40.206 (5940172420)
- Fire TV Stick 4K Max: OS 220.127.116.11 (21911667588)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick (3rd Generation): OS 18.104.22.168 (21710459012)
- Fire TV Stick Lite: OS 22.214.171.124 (21710459012)
- Fire TV (3rd Generation): OS 126.96.36.199 (5604456836)
- Amazon Fire TV (2nd Generation): OS 188.8.131.52 (671760920)
- Fire TV (1st Generation): OS 184.108.40.206 (656639420)
- Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote: OS 220.127.116.11 (672751320)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote: OS 18.104.22.168 (671760920)
- Fire TV Stick (1st Generation): OS 22.214.171.124 (671760920)
- Fire TV Stick Basic Edition: OS 126.96.36.199 (668694820)
Apple TV not working on Mac?
Try restarting the Apple Tv and the Mac as a first solution. If not helpful, try resetting the Apple TV app, and additionally, check for your Mac OS update. Sometimes, pending updates may raise an issue in performing the Apple Tv. Also if nothing helps, try uninstalling and reinstalling Apple Tv.
To check Mac OS update:
- Open the System Preference menu.
- Click on Software updates.
- It will start checking for an update.
- If it found any update, click on the Update Now option.
- Complete the installation, and restart your system, and see if the Apple Tv starts working as normal.
Also Read: How to Disable Antivirus Software on MAC
Apple TV Not Working on Roku?
Facing an issue with Apple TV on your Roku device? Try restarting your device, and clearing the cache. Press the Home button 5 times and then, up arrow once. Next, press the rewind button twice and the fast forward button twice. This will restart your Roku device and automatically clear the cache. If this does not help, try uninstalling and reinstalling Apple Tv. Additionally, if you have installed Apple Tv on your Roku’s Tv SD card then, remove it from the SD card, and install it on the Roku.
- Uninstall Apple TV from Roku TV.
- Remove the SD Card after unplugging the Roku device.
- Now, plug the Roku TV and power it On.
- Reinstall the Apple Tv and sign in to your Apple Tv account with a valid credential.
Apple TV Not Working on Windows(PC)
Most of the cases when Apple TV may stop working on your Windows device due to a pending update. So, to fix the issue, check for the Windows update, and if available, install it, and restart your device and see if the issue is resolved. Make sure you have a good internet connection and are using the right credentials to access Apple TV. Users have admitted that the issue was resolved when they completed the pending updates. Additionally, you can also perform a reset of Apple Tv and last, you can uninstall and reinstall.
Apple TV Not Working on Samsung TV
To fix the Apple Tv streaming issue on your Samsung TV, check the internet connection, update your Samsung TV firmware to its latest version and reset Apple Tv. If nothing helps, uninstall Apple tv from your Samsung Smart Tv and Reinstall it.
Don’t miss an awesome guide on- How to Install 3rd(Third) Party Apps on Samsung Smart TV.
Apple TV Not working on LG TV
The steps you need to follow to fix Apple TV Not working on LG TV are:
- Check for stable internet.
- Power cycle your router and TV.
- Check if your LG Tv needs a firmware update.
- Make sure you are using a valid Apple Tv id.
- Clear the Cache.
- Reset Apple Tv.
- Uninstall and install again.
If you have any issue updating your LG software to its latest version then, head on to this guide.
We hope that this guide will prove as an asset for you to resolve the Apple Tv not working issue. But, if you have any other queries, comment us or you can also contact Apple TV support.