How to increase the CPU fan speed in Windows 10: The CPU fan is very important hardware in all PCs including Windows 10 as it reduces the heat energy emitted by the CPU. If your fan does not run properly, your pc gets very hot, and sometimes it turns off instantly. This time a speedy fan plays the main role to control the heat of the CPU. In this guide, we are going to explain the reasons and the solutions to boost your CPU fan speed.
Why does CPU fan speed get down?
Sometimes, we install some very heavy software on our system, and they acquire quite enough memory on our system’s RAM(Random Access Memory). When we start this type of software on our computer, it takes time and also increases the heating of the CPU of the system. Such type of software decreases the fan speed of the computer.
Sometimes, we don’t open our system for a long time and dust is stuck on the fan. This can also be a reason to decrease the speed of the fan on Windows 10 computers. These are, according to us, the main reason why the CPU fan speed gets down. Now, we will talk about the solutions.
How to increase the CPU fan speed in Windows 10
Now, you must have known that how important is to boost up your CPU fan speed to use your computer smoothly. You can speed up your fan speed by following the tips mentioned in this guide.
- Check BIOS Menu for fan speed options.
- Clear dust from the fan.
Check BIOS Menu for fan speed options
You can speed up your CPU fan speed by checking the BIOS menu and to do so, you have to follow these steps:
- Open the Setting application by pressing the ‘Windows+ I’ button together.
- Next, go to the Update and security option from the list and click on it.
- Select the Recovery option from the appeared window.
- Now, click on the Restart button, which appears under the Advanced Startup option.
- A new window will appear, click on Troubleshoot option then choose the Advanced option.
- From here, choose UEFI Firmware Settings, and click on the Restart button.
- Now, your PC(Computer or Laptop) should boot in BIOS/UEFI settings.
Clear dust from the fan
Sometimes, we use our PC for a long time, and a layer of dust is stuck on the fan. This can also slow your fan speed. So you have to screw up your CPU or laptop and clear dust from the fan. After clearing the dust from the fan bindup your CPU or Laptop and check if your problem is overcome or not. Sometimes, it helps.
Some other methods are also present to boost up the fan speed, but we assume these two are sufficient if there is no other problem with your fan.