Like others, Microsoft too release updates from time to time to improve its functionality and security. Installing these updates on your system makes it up to date and secure with better functionality. Sometimes, released updates may not appear on your computer to download. Usually, updates available on the Windows update center on your system, but somehow, if this is not appearing on your system, you can download it manually. Here in this tutorial, we are going to explain How to download a Windows update manually. So keep your eyes and mind open.
Microsoft allows users to download and install windows update manually with the help of the Microsoft Update Catalog. This catalog allows users to search for the updated versions, so you must remember the version which you want to download and install manually.
How to download a windows update Manually
As Microsoft Update Catalog is a search page where you can search for the reference number of the update.
- If you don’t know what is the latest cumulative update number is then, you should visit Windows 10 Update History Page.
- Here you can get easily the latest update number by scrolling the page.
- Next, visit the Microsoft Update Catalog page to search for this update number.
- Now, click on the search button after entering the update number in the search bar. A list of updates will appear on the screen, click on the download button to download that update according to your system. (64 bit or 32 bit). If you don’t know your system type then do these things:
- Click on the System option.
- Click on about and then you will see the system type option.
- As you click on the download button, a popup will open with the direct downloading link. Click on this link to download the cumulative update.
How to install the downloaded updates manually
Installing the downloads update is very easy. Find the downloaded files in the download folder, you can place this file in the folder according to you. Now, double click on the file to install. It will start installing.
Note: During the installation, your system may restart many times. You should not worry about this as the installation process is completed you may start your system as usual.