A Samsung Smart Tv comes with many pre-installed applications, but if you want to know How to Install 3rd(Third) Party Apps on your Samsung Smart TV then, this guide is going to help you. This will explain what pre-settings you have to do and what will be the steps to install an application that is not present on your TV’s app store(Smart Hub). So, without taking too much time, let’s start the process.
Methods to Install Third party apps on your Samsung Smart TV
In this guide, you will get three simple methods to do this.
- Via .apk file.
- Use Command Prompt on your computer.
- Using a USB or Flash Drive.
But, you should gather some additional knowledge before proceeding. Let’s discuss what extra settings you have to apply before doing this.
Pre-settings that you must do before going to install a 3rd party Application
Allow Installation from an unknown source
Before proceeding to install a third-party application on your TV(Samsung), you have to do some settings to allow the third-party app installation.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and access the Settings option.
- Access personal Tab from the settings menu.
- Click on the Security option and search for the Unknown sources and set it to the enable.
Allow Developer Mode
- Again go to the settings menu and access Smart Hub.
- Click on Apps and type default PIN (12345).
- Look for the developer mode and click on the toggle button to enable it.
- Next, type the IP address of your system (Computer that you gonna use) and click on the OK button.
- Now, restart your TV.
How Can you download and Install Third Party Apps on Samsung Smart TV?
Now, come to the methods (Explained) to download and install your desired application.
Use the .apk file to install the third party apps on your Samsung Smart TV
- Turn On your TV and open the browser.
- Search for the website from that you want to use the .apk file of your desired application. Some websites are here- Apk mirror, apk free but, you have to take your choice.
- When you find out your desired application’s APK file, download it.
- Next, click on install and again click a second time to confirm your choice.
- Follow the instructions on your screen, and it’s done.
Use Command Prompt
- Find out your TV’s IP address, and to do this, go to the settings and then click on the network option. Next, select the information tab and under the IP section, get the IP and note it down.
- Access your Windows Computer and open Run Dialog Box, and type cmd in the search bar, and hit the enter button on your Keyboard.
- Now, type adb connect ACD.YXZ.w.mno. The letters represent your TV’s IP address. Enter the copied IP instead of. Now, your computer is connected to your TV via wi-fi.
- Now, run command- install C\app.apk in the command prompt. Here C represents the drive where you have downloaded the apk file of the application that you want to install on your TV.
- Wait till the command running completely, and once it is completed, the app will be installed on your TV. Now, disconnect your TV from the computer by running the following command- adb disconnect (your TV’s Ip address).
Use a USB drive
Do you have a USB drive? If yes then, this gonna easy for you.
- On your computer, download the .apk file of the application that you want to install on your TV.
- Connect your USB drive to your computer and transfer the download file to it.
- Next, insert this USB drive into your Samsung Smart TV.
- Find out the .apk file that you had downloaded and click on install.
- Next, follow the simple onscreen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Once the process is completed, the application will appear in the smart hub app list.