Going to update your Windows and getting an error code 0x80070026? This can totally off your mind. You start searching for the solution or fixes of this error code, and if you are on this page then you are at the right place. Using one of the given fixes below you can easily resolve this error code, so do not worry. But before going to the solutions you should know why and when this error code appears.
We Recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to Fix Various PC Errors
We recommend this tool because this repairs many common PC errors protects your files, protects the failure of hardware, and boosts your PC performance. This tool is trusted by millions of users and provides 24/7 customer support. Download and activate it now, and fix the issue with your PC. Follow these steps to install Restoro on your PC:
- Find the issues by starting the scan.
- Click on- Repair All to fix all the issues on your Computer.
Reason behind the error code 0x80070026
When you go to try to install the latest update of Windows 10, you see the error code 0x80070026. But this error is not only appearing with the users who have the latest edition but the users who have the older editions are also facing the same error code on their screens. Now we will discuss the reasons:
- Behind this error code, the corrupted files on your system directories play the main role.
- Sometimes, possibly, you can get this error code because of changing your C:\Users folder to another folder like G:\Users.
How to fix error code 0x80070026
We have provided some solutions, which will help you to fix this error code and also help to resume your important work. We tried to give you the easy solutions and you can fix this issue by:
- Run SFC scan.
- By Running DISM.
- Run Windows Troubleshooter.
- Deleting the temporary files from the system.
- Installing updates manually.
- Resetting your PC.
Run a SFC (System File Checker) Scan
A System File checker is a utility in Windows which is used to scan and restore the corrupted files. So if you run an SFC scan on your system it will scan all the corruptions and store them in the correct version. This process will help you to fix the error 0x80070026, and you can run this with the help of the given steps.
- Type cmd in the search box and do a right-click on the command prompt option from the list.
- Now, click on- Run as administrator option, open the command prompt window.
- Type the following code in the command prompt window and hit the Enter button.
sfc / scannow
- Wait until the scan is completed. Now, restart the PC and check if the issue disappears or not.
Fix error code 0x80070026 by Running DISM
If you have tried the above method and it doesn’t help, then run DISM to fix the issue. Forward steps are given below.
- Follow the step 1 and 2 from the method 1.
- Now in the command prompt window type-
Dism/ Online/ Cleanup-Image/ RestoreHealth
- Next, hit the enter and reboot your Windows computer.
Run Windows Troubleshooter
Windows troubleshooter is an in-built tool that is used to fix issues on computers. So this can help you to resolve your problem. So run this once to fix the error code.
- Go to update and security from the right side of the setting window.
- Click on- troubleshoot link.
- From the right side of the pane click on the link- Run the troubleshooter.
- Restart the computer after completion of the process.
If you are using the older version of Windows like Window 8/8.1 or Window 7, you can run the troubleshooter via the control panel.
- Type- troubleshoot in the search.
- A list of all troubleshooting tools will open.
- Select and click on the Windows update troubleshooting tool from the list.
Delete temporary files from the system
Sometimes, many unusual temporary files are stored in our system which can a reason behind the updation error code. So by deleting these files you can solve your problem.
- Type %temp% in the search bar then hit the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Select all the temporary files and press the Shift + Delete button together to delete these selected files from your system.
Install the updates manually to fix error code 0x80070026
You can use the updation method manually to resolve the error code 0x80070026. Here’s how to install the update manually.
- Go to the Update and Security by opening the Setting.
- Check for the Windows update and click on the Download to update it manually.
Reset your PC
Finally, if any of the above methods don’t work then you should reset your PC once.
- Open Setting.
- Select Update and Security.
- Click on the Recovery option from the right pane of the setting window.
- Under the Recovery, click on the Get Started button.
- Now, follow the appeared instructions, and after that try to update once again.
How to Fix Activation Error Code 0x8007232B in Windows
How to update Windows 10 KB4589212 for v20H2 and v2004
Turn Off Windows 10 Automatic Updates
Fix Error code 0x80240023 in Windows