This tutorial is not about fixing an error code but is about fixing many errors on Roblox. If you are looking for How to Reset Roblox Without Resetting Your Settings then, this guide is gonna very useful for you. This guide is going to describe that how you can reset your Roblox registry keys, Roblox app data without losing your previous settings. So, this guide is very important and useful for all Roblox users.
Resetting Roblox may fix many errors and this can be helpful when you get an error code while using Roblox. In this guide, you will learn three steps to reset the Roblox.
How to Reset Roblox Without Resetting Your Settings
Basically, we have included these things in this guide:
- How you can clear Roblox registry entries (Automatically and manually).
- How to clear Roblox files from your AppData.
- Clearing the Roblox application cache.
Let’s start one by one.
How you can clear Roblox registry entries (Automatically and manually)
If you have done a corrupt installation of Roblox or have some corrupted settings then, you need to reset everything including the Roblox Registry entries. We are going to explain automated as well as manual methods to clear the Roblox Registry Entries.
By Using .reg file (Automated Way)
- Copy and paste these codes on Notepad(Not on Wordpad)
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Next, save this file with the .reg file on your desktop.
- Now, make a right-click on this file and click on the merge option, you may get a warning.
By Using Regedit (Manual Way)
This is the manual method to clear the Roblox Registry, here are the steps:
- Type- Regedit in the search bar and hit Enter or OK button.
- Next, a popup window will open, expand the folder named- HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
- Now, press the R key until you will find the Roblox and Roblox Corporation options.
- Make a right-click on Roblox Corporation and click on the Delete option to delete it.
Disclaimer: The regular Roblox key stores some studio settings, it is not really relevant to the normal game client that’s why we don’t recommend deleting it or you’ll need to redo a lot of window positions, and additionally, your script editor colors might get reset.
- Now, to get a fresh installation of the game, you should run the Roblox installer again.
How to Clear Roblox AppData (Without Reset your settings)
- Press Win + R keys on your keyboard that will open the Run Dialog Box.
- Now, type- %LocalAppdata%\Roblox in the search area and press the OK button. Get the Versions folder and delete it.
- Next, in the %AppData%\Roblox folder, get the downloads folder and delete it. Also, find the ClientSettings folder and LocalStorage folder and delete them too.
How to Clear Roblox Cache
- Type- %Temp%\Roblox in Run dialog’s search bar and hit Enter.
- Press ctr + A to select all and then press shift + delete to delete them all.
- That’s all.