You want to install more apps on your OS Smartwatch, but sadly, those apps are not officially available on the Google Play Store.
Don’t worry, today we demonstrate the whole procedure for how you can download your necessary apps if they are not officially available on the Google Play Store.
To complete this process, we need to use a third-party app called Bugjaeger. With its help, we are connecting our watch and then starting to install the APK.
First, you have to change some settings, like the enable developer option, by opening the settings, and then at the bottom, you may find the enable developer option, so we can proceed freely further.
Follow these steps to sideload apps on your Wear OS Smartwatch
- Settings > go to about watch > software >software version.
- Continuously tap on the software version until you see a pop sound with a message of developer mode on.
- Then go back to the initial settings where you find developer options; there you have to go to the ADB Debugging settings.
- Use a stable internet connection to avoid any mistakes in between the procedures.
- Then move down, tap on the wireless debugging menu, and turn it on.
- Download the Bugjaeger app on your device.
- Now open the app and tap on the new connections icon.
- Fill in the information required when a pop sound shows.
- Now navigate to Settings > Developer Options > Wire Debugging.
- After performing this, move forward and tap on the new device.
- Hold yourself there for a few minutes, and after that port appears on the screen, it shows some IP address or WiFi pairing code.
- Now that you have filled out the credentials as shown in the figures below, proceed further and send a congratulations message that you have successfully paired. Ensure that you do not close the pop-up menu.
- Now it is time to connect the watch to the smartphone and start proceeding with the APK.
- Go back to the wireless debugging menu and fill in the respective fields as shown below. Tap Connect and wait for the procedure to complete.
- So finally, we connected the watch with the smartphone. Now you can easily sideload any app you want, but ensure that you install the apps from trusted sources, such as APK Mirror.
- Download the app < open Bugjaeger app < select packages < tap on the plus icon < choose APK file < download folders < select the app file < initiate the downloading process < wait for completing the procedure < now as your task is complete, turn off the Wireless Debugging menu.
This is all about the “How to sideload apps on your Wear OS Smartwatch”. With the help of this comprehensive guide, we hope that you are able to sideload any app you want to install on your smartwatch. To proceed with this process, make sure you have a stable internet connection.