All video conferencing applications are getting more popular these days, and you know very well, why? These days, work from home is increasing and that’s why the usability of such types of applications like Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and many others is increasing day by day. As their usability increases, possibilities of getting issue or errors are also increasing. Some users are reporting Microsoft Teams Error 0xcaa80000 when they try to login to this application. This error code looks like outlook error code 0xcaa80000, but it is different, so, don’t be confused with both.
What Microsoft Teams error 0xcaa80000 means?
Microsoft Teams error 0xcaa80000 means that the desktop application which you are using has trouble, connecting to Microsoft’s server. In other words, if you are getting this error code means the application is unable to contact the server of Microsoft and preventing you from login into it.
If you are getting this error code, then to prevent this, you should try logging in to the web application using the same login credential. This error code appears only on the desktop application, so you can try this quick workaround to fix this error code.
To Fix Various PC problems and errors we recommend the Restoro PC repair tool. This tool also boosts your PC performance and provides 24*7 customer supports to its users. Sometimes, there can be various reasons to appear an error code on your screen. Many times, we don’t know why an error is appearing.
How to Fix Microsoft Teams error 0xcaa80000
As this error code appears only on the desktop app, you can log in to the web using the same credentials and check if the error code is gone or not. If this appears yet, then you should try these workarounds:
- Enable the TLS 1.1 and 1.2 in Internet Settings.
- Check if the Date and Time are set to the current.
- Clear the App cache.
- Update the application if available.
- Disable Antivirus Software if using any.
Enable the TLS 1.1 and 1.2 in Internet Settings
This is the second-best possible solution to fix the Microsoft Teams error 0xcaa80000. Many users found this method very helpful to fix this error code, so you can too, try this method.
- Open the Windows search bar and type internet options in it.
- Double click on the first appeared result and click on the Advanced section from the popup windows.
- Now, scroll down in the popup window and you will found TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 option with checkboxes. Click on these checkboxes to enable these options.
- Click on the OK button and restart your computer. Now, check if the issue is gone or not.
Check if the Date and Time are set to the current
Microsoft server blocks you if it detects an incorrect time and date setting. So make sure you have set your system time and date to the current. Also, set your time zone according to your location. If Microsoft found it faulty, it can throw an error.
Clear the App cache to Fix Microsoft Teams error 0xcaa80000
Clearing the app cache can also resolve the issue if the above workarounds fail. To clear the app cache:
- Go to the windows search bar and type- %appdata%\Microsoft\teams in it and hit the enter button.
- Make sure the application should be closed completely.
- Teams directory will open, now, delete all the files which are stored in the following folders:
- %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache
- %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage
- Next, restart your computer and check if the error has gone.
Update the application if available
You should also check if any update is available for Microsft Teams as an outdated or old version of it can throw Microsoft Teams error 0xcaa80000. Just click on the profile picture and find the option- check for updates and click on it. Next, follow the instructions to update the Teams.
Disable Antivirus Software if using any
Disable the antivirus software temporarily if you are using any. We have written an explained article on it. If you don’t know how you can disable your antivirus software on your computer, then you should read this.
You should also disable background programs to prevent Microsoft Teams error 0xcaa80000. Please tell us which method helped you to fix this error in the comment box