Users are facing Amazon Prime Error Code 4091, which is similar to Amazon Prime Error Code 4090. Recently, If you have encountered any of these errors then, follow the tips mentioned in this guide to resolve the issue.
What does Amazon Prime Error Code 4091 indicate?
Amazon Prime Error Code 4091 indicates an issue in downloading the selected content. The cause for this error can be a poor internet connection, corrupted cache files, an expired subscription, and an old version of the application. Sometimes, this error code may also appear if you are using the same account on multiple devices or using a VPN or Proxy.
When does Amazon Prime Error Code 4091 may appear?
Usually, users are getting this error code when they are trying to download their selected items like- movies and shows. However, some users may also face this error code during downloading a single episode of any web series or show.
However, most of the content available on Amazon Prime is accessible, but Amazon has the right to remove or edit any content anytime. So, this may possible that the content, which you are trying to download has been removed from Amazon.
How to Fix Amazon Prime Error Code 4091?
There are some simple steps mentioned below that you should follow to fix this error code.
- Check if your subscription has not been expired.
- Close the application on your device (or the web browser, if you’re watching on your PC) and restart it.
- Clear your browser’s cache files.
- Clear the application cache, if you are using it on your mobile phone.
- Also, check if your web browser has the latest updates.
- Check if you are not using the same account on multiple devices. If yes, then log out from all the devices and re-login, and start downloading your content.
- Use an HDMI cable to connect your external device to your TV or display as this is compatible with HDCP 1.4 and HDCP 2.2 (for HD and UHD respectively).
- If other devices are using the network at the same time then disconnect these devices for some time.
- Additionally, you should check your Internet connections and speed.
- Check, If you can connect to the Internet on other devices. Because there is any problem with your device’s DNS settings, update the DNS settings.
- If you are using Alexa to control your device then, try to unpair that device and re-pair in the Alexa app.
- If you are using any VPN software or Proxy server then, Disable them.
- Do you use Antivirus software on your computer? If yes, then disable it temporarily as this may block some application files, as a result, you may face Amazon Prime Error Code 4091. (For users who are getting this error code on their computers)
Follow this guide to Disable your Antivirus temporarily: How to Disable Antivirus software on your Windows 10 PC.