Proxy servers are used to translate the traffic between the networks. They provide privacy, security, and functionality depending upon your use. But, today, here we are not to explain its benefits but to explain How to Disable Proxy Servers if you are using them on Windows 10. Now, the question will arise in your mind, why do you need to disable your proxy server, whereas it is running well? So let’s explain to us why you do need this?
Why and when do you need to Disable your Proxy Server?
There are many advantages of a proxy server but, you can’t ignore its disadvantages. This can interfere between the networks, as a result, sometimes, on some platforms like Roblox, Steam, and many more, you can get an error code.
In this situation, disabling the Proxy server can be a possible solution to fix that error code. So, now, hope you have gotten your answer to the question of why and when you do need to disable the proxy server. Now, let’s move on to how?
How to Disable Proxy Server on Windows 10?
Whenever you needed to disable the Proxy server, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to do that:
- Now, type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the text box or search bar and press the “Enter” button. This will open the internet properties tab.
- Next, open the “Connections” tab under the internet properties tab, and then click on “LAN Settings” which will appear under the Local Area Network LAN Settings.
- Now, go to the “Settings” menu and click on the “Proxy Server” category.
- From here, uncheck the box with the text- “Use a Proxy Server for your LAN”.
Sometimes, as a solution to the error, uninstalling the VPN Client comes with disabling the Proxy server. In this situation, you should also learn how you can uninstall the VPN Client.
How to Uninstall the VPN Client?
Uninstalling a VPN client that you are using on your computer or system is very easy to do. Complete steps are given below, follow them to do this.
- Now, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the search box and press the “Enter” button on your keyboard.
- This will open the “Programs and Features” window.
- Once the list of all programs and features appeared, navigate for the system-level VPN.
- Now, right-click on it and select “Uninstall” from the appeared menu.
- The uninstallation process will start now.