Windows releases its update regularly to provide better features to its users. Sometimes, users activate new updates and faced errors. One such update error that users are getting is error code 0x803F7001 while they are going to install or activate a new update. Users who are reporting this error code should read this guide properly as we have discussed, all about this error code.
The activation method has changed nowadays. Now, you don’t need to enter the product key, as windows 10 provides a digital entitlement to all.
If you are getting errors and issue with your PC performance then you should try the Restoro PC repair tool which comes with its free trial. This tool fixes your PC problems and boosts its performance. This is a trusted tool by millions of users. You too try this tool.
What is system activation error code 0x803F7001?
Error code 0x803F7001 means windows didn’t found a genuine or valid license key to update or activate. Or you can say that the license key or product key which you are using to activate or upgrade your windows has been found not genuine by Windows.
This error code can be appeared by several reasons like:
- If you have installed windows 10 on your PC for the first time.
- You have changed your motherboard.
- You have installed the wrong edition.
Anyway, there are possible fixes are available to deal with this error code. Let’s try them.
How to fix error code 0x803F7001 in Windows 10
Getting Error code 0x803F7001? Don’t worry, here are solutions, by following these, you can fix this error code.
Activate the Windows 10 by Phone
If you are facing above discussed error code, you can try this method to fix this error. You can try activating Windows 10 by phone. Here is how:
- Open Run Dialog Box by pressing Windows + R key together on your keyboard.
- Now, type slui 4 in the search box and hit the enter key from the keyboard.
- Next, a list of countries and regions will open, select yours from the list.
- Now, you will see a toll-free number, and when you will call on this number, you will be asked to enter your installation ID.
- After the call, you will get a confirmation ID. Click on the Enter Confirmation ID button and enter it.
- After entering the confirmation ID click on Activate button.
Use a Genuine Product Key to Fix Error Code 0x803F7001
Some users found this method helpful as they were using a pirated key to a=ctivate their windows 10. So if you are also doing the same, you should use a genuine product key to do this. If you are using a pirated key and have a genuine key but you don’t have any idea how to change it then you can read our guide:
Reactivate your Windows 10 if you have changed hardware
Some users are getting this error code after changing their hardware, such as a motherboard. So if you have too, previously changed your motherboard then, you should reactivate your windows 10.
If windows were preinstalled before changing the motherboard, then after, when you restart your PC windows will not be able to find a matching license. In this case, you will have to purchase a new product key to install windows 10 again.
To purchase a new:
- Go to the setting.
- Click on Update and security.
- Now, click on activation then select Go to Microsoft Store option.
If you have a new product key after changing your motherboard then you can replace it or change it with the previous one.
Hope this guide will help you. Thanks…