These days, most applications are using login forms to provide their services to the users. People are creating many passwords to use such types of applications. If you are a business owner and runs a company then you also need to create IDs and passwords for the employees for their identification and office use. In this situation, keep remembering all IDs and Passwords is approximately impossible for anyone. That’s why people use LastPass to save all the passwords that they can not. But sometimes like all applications, LastPass also throws errors, and LastPass Not Saving Passwords error is one of these.
Here we will discuss all possible solutions to fix this error message.
How You can fix the LastPass Not Saving Passwords error
If you are using LastPass as a password manager and getting an issue- LastPass Not Saving Passwords then, here are some workarounds are given to fix this. If you wish to fix this, then, first of all, you should disable browser autofill service, and then you should clear cache and temporary files from your system.
Now, here are the steps are given to:
Disable autofill service from your Browser.
Clear Cache data from History.
Delete Temporary files from your system.
And, we will discuss them one by one. Let’s start with:
Disable Autofill service from your Browser
If you are using any other password manager then firstly, you must uninstall the other if you wish to go continue with LastPass. Other password managers can create conflict, that can throw errors.
Now, we are assuming you are using only LastPass as a password manager on your device. Next, you should check if the autofill feature is enabled on your browser. If it is, disable it by following steps:
What If you are using Chrome:
If you are using a chrome browser, then here are steps to disable the autofill feature.
- Click on the three dots on the upper right corner of the screen, and select setting from the appeared list.
- Now, a setting window will open, click on the autofill option which is on the left-hand side of the window.
- A new window will open, here have to click on the Password option and then click on the toggle to turn it off.
After doing this, restart the browser and check if the issue is gone or not.
If you are using Firefox:
If you are using the Firefox browser then you should do these steps to disable the autofill feature.
- Click on the three lines present on the top right corner of the window.
- Next, click on the Options.
- From the next appeared window click on the Privacy & Security option.
- Now drop down the window and you will see the login and Password option, uncheck the autofill logins and passwords box.
If you are using the internet explore:
Click on the setting icon from the top right corner of the window, then click on internet options from the list.
- Now, click on the Content section, and then on settings from the autocomplete section.
- Next, uncheck the box named- User names and passwords on forms.
That’s all about disabling the autofill from different-different browsers. Now, you shod check if the issue is gone or not, if it is still, then, follow the next method.
Clear Cache data from History
Sometimes, just clearing the cache data can solve LastPass Not Saving Passwords error. So if after applying the first method, the issue is appearing yet, then you should clear your cache data and history.
Delete Temporary files to fix the LastPass Not Saving Passwords error
Sometimes, some temporary files are stores in our system which may cause a problem with LastPass. Luckily, you can delete these temporary files from your system.
- Type- %temp% in the search bar and hit the Enter button.
Now, you can see all the temporary files and data which have stored in your system. Select them all using a keyboard shortcut, then delete them all without recycling them all. Press the Shift+Delete button together and all temporary data and files will be deleted from your system without restoring them in the recycle bin folder.