Is this happening with you too that you are going to activate a copy of Windows 7, 8, or 10 using a key and getting Error code 0xC004C020 on your screen? In this case, one thing you should know, that your key has already been used many times to activate Windows. But, if you still want to activate a copy of Windows and are worried about how to do it, then here, in this article, we have mentioned some methods to do it. But before going to the methods, you should also read once the reason behind this error code.
Why Error code 0xC004C020 appear?
Error code 0xC004C020 is a windows activation error that means this error appears while we try to activate the Windows on our PC. If this error code occurs, means you have exceeded the number of times of activation that is Windows key is allowed for. The key is also known as the volume key which means there is a limit on the key to using. So if you have used your key to its allowed number of times, and still you are using this key, then you will see the discussed error code on your screen.
How to fix Windows activation Error code 0xC004C020?
If you are developing any software or doing testing of any software, and you need to reinstall the Windows, then might be you will encounter the error code 0xC004C020. And if you are using a key, which has been used to its maximum limit, to install the Windows, then it will also throw the discussed error code. But here in this guide, we have disclosed some solutions to fix this error code.
To deal with such type of error code we recommend (Restoro) a trusted and verified PC repair tool, that will repair and update your Windows 10 PC in 2 Min. You can download and install this tool from here.
Get free support for one year and unlimited use.
Activate or update the Windows by phone
This method is a lengthy method to update or activate your windows by phone. Follow the provided steps to update or activate the windows via this method.
- Go to the start button and click on it then do a right-click on the Computer icon and select properties.
- Now, click on the activation window then click on the option- “Show me additional ways to activate”.
- Enter the Key and click on the Next button.
- Next, click on the option- Use the automatic telephone system.
- Type the password if the popup is shown and if ask for.
- Select your nearest location and click on the button.
- You will see an inventory of the available phone numbers, just choose one of them and make a call on that number.
- An automated system will direct the detection method.
- Now, if ask for the setup ID then enter it.
- You will get a confirmation ID by the telephone system, write it down.
- Now, click on the Next button and follow the instruction to activate or update the Windows.
- In case if this not works, stay on the line and your call will transfer to the customer service representative and they will help you further.
Fix Error code 0xC004C020 using phone
This is also a method in which the phone will be used to fix the issue but this is a very short method in comparison to the above one. Let’s have a look at this.
- Click on the Start (Windows) icon then type- slui.exe 4 in the search box area.
- Now, hit the Enter button on your Keyboard.
- Next, Choose your residence country.
- After this, select the option of telephone Activation choice, now stay hold until the call connects to the customer representative.
- Further, the representative will guide you.
Use a different product key
As the Error code 0xC004C020 arises due to the maximum number of uses of the product key or volume key, you will not able to activate your Windows using your old key. In this case, you can choose a new key to do this. As you use a new key, you will be able to activate or update the Windows and the error code will be gone.