News: Developer “LameCat Studio” and publisher “East2west Games” have introduced Wulin Chess, available on the Steam Store to play and enjoy for players who love strategy-making games. The game is simple and set in a captivating dark fantasy world. By playing it, you can strengthen your heroes by collecting equipment and enhancing attributes that will help to face the challenges that lie ahead. Some users started enjoying playing Wulin Chess, but, many users have reported the game crashing, freezing, not launching, or startup issues.
If you are also facing such issues with Wulin Chess, here are the steps that can prevent these issues and help you play hassle-free.
Why is “Wulin Chess” crashing, freezing, not launching, or having startup issues?
There can be many reasons why “Wulin Chess” crashes, freezes, won’t launch, or has startup issues, but, lack of compatibility with your system is one of the most common reasons. If your system meets all the requirements to run Wulin Chess, these could be a possible cause –
- Corrupted game files
- Software conflict
- Pending Updates
- Outdated graphics driver
- Missing or corrupted system drivers
- Lack of administrative rights
- Security software such as firewall or antivirus.
- Unknown Bugs from developers.
Fix Wulin Chess Crashing, Freezing, Not Launching, or Startup Issues
Crashes, freezing, or startup issues with Wulin Chess can prevent you from enjoying the game – some basic steps can resolve such issues and let you play this game.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, check if your device and the Wulin Chess are running on their newest version, older versions may cause compatibility issues, resulting in the game crashing on your device.
- Temporary Disable Windows Firewall– system security software such as your firewall may block some game files resulting in a fatal error when starting the Wulin Chess game.
- Restart your device and relaunch Wulin Chess – Sometimes, the problem may be caused by a temporary glitch that requires a fresh start to resolve, this can lead to temporary software glitches with connectivity; usually, helps.
- Disable your Antivirus– Like a firewall, if you have antivirus software, it may also block some game files, resulting Wulin Chess game not loading properly and may also cause problems accessing some in-game features.
If you’ve checked these, but the Wulin Chess game is still crashing, follow the steps below.
Check If Your Device Meets the Minimum Requirements
The most common reason for Wulin Chess to crash, freeze, or not launch is the lack of requirements to run the game properly –it’s time to verify if your device meets the minimum requirements so that the game can run without any problems.
Here are the Minimum Requirements
- OS *: Windows 7 or later (* From January 1st, 2024, the Steam Client will only support Windows 10 and later versions.)
- Processor: i5-3570 3.4 GHz 4 Core
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- DirectX: Version 10
- Storage: 2048 MB available space.
Install All Pending Updates For Your PC (Windows)
Pending updates for your PC can be another possible reason why Wulin Chess crashes, freezes, or won’t launch. Check for pending updates and consider them installing all –Wulin Chess requires the most delinquent versions of drivers and other supported software to launch and work properly.
- Open Windows Settings.
- From the left side of the screen, click on “Windows Update” and then “Check for Updates.”
- You will see all (One or more) pending updates for your PC, download and install them.
- Relaunch the Wulin Chess and see if it starts without the previous issues.
Grant Administrator Rights to the Wulin Chess
Players have discussed on various forums and social media handles like Reddit that granting administrator rights to Wulin Chess has helped them resolve crashing or startup issues.
- From your Steam library, right-click Wulin Chess, and select Properties.
- Head on to the “Installed Files” option and click on it,
- Now, click the “Browse” button that will open the game directory.
- Next, right-click on the .exe file of the Wulin Chess game and select “Properties.”
- Under the Compatibility tab, find the “Run this program as an administrator” option and click the checkbox next to it.
- Click on “Apply” and launch Wulin Chess.
Verify Game Files (Steam Client)
For the first time, corrupted game files may have been installed, resulting in issues loading, launching, or opening – verifying and repairing corrupted Wulin Chess game files may resolve the freezing and loading issues and allow the game to launch properly. It may help to do so.
- Open your Wulin Chess.
- Right-click Wulin Chess and click on “Properties” from the appeared options.
- Go to the “Local Files” option and select the “Verify integrity of game files…” option.
- Wait for the Wulin Chess files to be verified by Steam.
- After completing the process, re-launch Wulin Chess.
Disable Steam Overlay
Open your Steam Library > Right-click on Wulin Chess > Select Properties > Go to the General section > uncheck the “Enable Steam Overlay while in-game” checkbox.
Return to your game Library and relaunch Wulin Chess to check for the not launching issue.
Launch the Game in Windowed Mode (Steam)
- Open the Steam Library.
- Right-click on Wulin Chess > Select Properties > General > click on Set Launch Options.
- Now, copy & paste the following command-line argument:
- Next, save the changes and try running the game again to check if Wulin Chess is launching properly or not.
End Background Task (Windows)
Running multiple background programs may interfere with Wulin Chess, preventing the game from launching smoothly – close the programs one by one and launch the game to see which program is interfering with the game.
- Open Task Manager.
- You will see the list of running background programs.
- Select a task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task.
- Launch Wulin Chess to see if that program was the culprit.
Note: If this makes no change, perform the same steps with another program to find the culprit.
Reinstall Wulin Chess
If all the above methods are not able to make any changes to the situation, reinstalling Wulin Chess should be your next step.
The new version of the game “Wulin Chess” can help solve the problems that were in its previous version – uninstall the installed one and reinstall the new version.
Wait for the Update
The installed version of Wulin Chess may contain some unknown bugs from the developers. If this is the case, you may see a patch note coming soon to resolve Wulin Chess’s known issues and bugs like crashes, loading, or fatal errors – keep your eyes on the game’s official social handles or the game’s Steam page.
For now, you have two options- update Wulin Chess or contact game support.