News: Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, developed by “KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.” and published by “KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD., CE-Asia(Asia)”, is an Action, Adventure, RPG game available on Steam Store. You can start enjoying this game and dive into the Three Kingdoms to be a part of a dramatic, action-packed story. Since its release, many users have started enjoying Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, but, some are reporting that the game is crashing, not launching, or getting fatal errors on start-up.
If you also start experiencing problems with Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty such as the game crashing, freezing, or not launching, then stick with this guide – here you will know why this is happening And how to solve it.
Why is “Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty” crashing, freezing, or not launching/opening?
There can be several culprits for Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty to crash or freeze on your device, including–
- a temporary issue
- corrupted game files
- software conflict
- pending updates
- outdated graphics driver
- Missing or corrupted system drivers
- lack of administrative rights
- Security software such as firewall or antivirus.
- Unknown bug from developers.
Fix Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Crashing, Freezing, Not Launching, or Startup Issues
Perform Basic Hacks
Before moving on to any other steps, take some basic steps that can solve such issues and let you play Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Close and restart– this is the very first step that you may try if Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is crashing: just close the game and restart your device (PC, PS5, Deck, etc): sometimes, the problem may be caused by a temporary glitch that requires a fresh start to resolve.
- If this doesn’t help, check if your device and Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty are running on their newest version: older versions may cause compatibility issues, resulting in the game crashing.
- Disable Windows Firewall (PC Users)– System security software like your firewall may block certain game files resulting in a fatal error when starting the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty game.
- Disable your Antivirus (Windows PC)– Similar to a firewall, if you have antivirus software installed on your device, it may also block certain game files, resulting in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty failing to launch. It may also prevent you from accessing certain in-game features.
If you’ve checked these, but the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty game is still crashing, follow the steps below.
Check If Your Device Meets the Minimum Requirements
Along with restarting your device and relaunching Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, it is also very important to run the game on a system with minimum requirements: if your system fails to meet the minimum requirements, the game may crash, freeze, or won’t launch.
Here are the Minimum Requirements
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows® 10, Windows® 11, 64bit
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8400、AMD Ryzen™ 5 3400G
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 1650 4GB、Radeon RX 570 4GB
- DirectX: Version 12
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 60 GB available space
- Sound Card: 16-bit stereo, 48kHz WAVE file can be played
- Additional Notes: Based on an HDD, 720p, 30 fps environment, and Graphics Settings set to “Best Performance.”
Update Your PC (Windows)
If you are trying to play Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty on your Windows PC then make sure that your PC is updated: Pending updates for your PC can be another possible reason for Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty to crash or freeze. Check and install all available updates for your PC.
- Open Windows Settings.
- From the Settings screen, click on “Windows Update” and then “Check for Updates.”
- See if One or more pending updates are available for your PC and download and install them.
- Relaunch the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty and see if it starts without the previous issues.
Open Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty With Administrator Rights
Some players on Reddit, have discussed that running Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty as an administrator has helped them resolve crashing or startup issues.
- From your Steam library, right-click Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, and select Properties > Installed Files.
- Click the “Browse” button to open the game directory.
- Next, right-click on the .exe file of the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty game and select “Properties.”
- Go to Compatibility > “Run this program as an administrator” option and click the checkbox next to it.
- Click on “Apply” and launch Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty.
Verify Game Files (Steam Client)
Corrupted game files might also cause loading, launching, crashing, or opening issues: verify and repair corrupted Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty game files.
- Open your Steam Library.
- Right-click Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty and click on “Properties” from the appeared options.
- Go to > Local Files > “Verify integrity of game files…” option.
- Wait for the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty files to be verified by Steam.
- After completing the process, re-launch Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty.
Disable Steam Overlay
- Open your Steam Library and Right-click on Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty.
- Select Properties and Go to the General section.
- Uncheck the “Enable Steam Overlay while in-game” checkbox.
- Return to your game Library and relaunch Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty to check for the not launching issue.
Launch the Game in Windowed Mode (Steam)
- Open the Steam Library.
- Right-click on Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty and Select Properties.
- Go to General > click on Set Launch Options.
- Now, copy & paste the following command-line argument:
- Next, save the changes and relaunch Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty.
Close Background Programs (Windows)
Running multiple background programs may consume more space and resources preventing Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty from launching smoothly – close the programs one by one and launch the game to see which one is causing the issue.
- Open Task Manager and select a task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task.
- Launch Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty to see if that program was the culprit.
Note: If this makes no change, perform the same steps with another program to find the culprit. And if this doesn’t help, try the next fix.
Perform A Clean Boot
A clean boot allows the minimum set of drivers and services to run your Windows PC: by performing a clean boot, you will identify if any background programs were interfering with Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty and causing the crashing issue.
Reinstall the Game
If all the above methods are not able to make any changes to the situation, reinstalling Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty should be your next step.
The new version of the game “Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty” can help solve the problems that were in its previous version – uninstall the installed one and reinstall the new version.
Wait for the New Update
It may happen that the installed version of Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty contains some unknown bugs or issues. If this is the case, you may see a new patch note from the developers of Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty: with this new patch, known issues and bugs like crashes, loading, or fatal errors might be resolved.
Keep your eyes on Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty’s official social media pages or contact game support.