Man in the Dark arena is filled with crazy monster third-person shooters, and single-play games (users) to purchase and play from the Steam Store. Many users have purchased it via the Steam Store and started enjoying it. But the game is crashing on Startup, or not launching/loading throwing fatal errors as well.
Here’s how you can resolve these issues with the Man in the Dark game and enjoy your gameplay.
How to Fix Man in the Dark Crashing, Fatal Errors, and Startup Issues?
Perform Basic Checks
If you face issues with Man in the Dark, first, do some basic checks. Here are the steps to follow:
- Make sure your PC and the Man in the Dark game are up to date, this may cause compatibility issues, resulting in the game crashing on your PC.
- Disable Windows Firewall – your firewall software may block some game files resulting in a fatal error when starting the Man in the Dark game.
- Restart your PC and relaunch Man in the Dark – this helps resolve temporary software glitches.
Make Sure Your Device Meets the Minimum Requirements
Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements to run and play the Man in the Dark game.
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
OS *: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel i5
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760TI
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 10 GB available space
Install Updates For Your PC (Windows)
Outdated software and drivers may conflict with the game, it can cause issues with Man in the Dark, resulting in game crashes, start-up issues, or fatal errors. It’s time to install all pending updates – Man in the Dark requires the latest versions of drivers and support software to run properly.
- Open Windows Settings.
- Click “Windows Update” and then click “Check for Updates.”
- If an update is available for your Windows PC, download and install it.
- Relaunch the game (Man in the Dark) and see if it starts without the previous issues.
Run Man in the Dark Game Under Administrator Privileges
It can be a solution to run the Man in the Dark game under administrator privileges to resolve crashing or fatal errors.
- Open the Steam library, right-click Man in the Dark, and select Properties.
- Click on the “Installed Files” option and the “Browse” button to open the game directory.
- Next, right-click on the .exe file of Man in the Dark and select “Properties.”
- Under the Compatibility tab, click the checkbox next to the “Run this program as an administrator” option.
- Click on “Apply” to save the changes that you have just made.
- Launch and test Man in the Dark.
Verify Integrity Of Game Files
Some game files might get corrupted and these corrupted game files can cause problems and prevent the Man in the Dark game from loading or causing it to crash during startup. Verifying and repairing corrupted game files can solve the crashing and loading problem and help Man in the Dark run smoothly.
- Open the Steam Library.
- Right-click Man in the Dark and select “Properties.”
- Under the “Local Files” option, click “Verify integrity of game files…”
- Wait while Steam validates Man in the Dark files.
- Once validation is complete, re-launch Man in the Dark to see if you can play it properly.
Reinstall the Game (Man in the Dark)
If nothing helps, and the Man in the Dark is still crashing or refusing to load, deleting the installed version and installing the newer version might be your last resort.
Wait for New Updates (Patch)
Wait for Cactus Island, the developers and publisher, to release a patch note for the game to resolve its known issues such as crashing, loading, or fatal errors.
For now, if nothing helps to resolve your issue, you can go with two options- update the game or contact game support.