Lil’ Guardsman is a great game with a combination of deduction, narrative, and puzzle. Players who love dealing with puzzles are enjoying this game. However, many users are facing issues in purchasing from the Steam Store. Many have had success without any problem, but for them, the game is crashing on Startup, or not launching/loading throwing fatal errors as well.
Here’s how you can resolve these issues with the Lil’ Guardsman.
How to Fix Lil’ Guardsman, Fatal Errors, and Startup Issues?
Perform Basic Checks
If you have just installed the game and tried to launch it but started facing issues with Lil’ Guardsman, first, do some basic checks. Here are the steps to follow:
- Make sure your PC and the Lil’ Guardsman game are up to date, this may cause compatibility issues, resulting in the game crashing on your PC.
- Disable Windows Firewall– your firewall software may block some game files resulting in a fatal error when starting the Lil’ Guardsman game.
- Restart your PC and relaunch Lil’ Guardsman – this helps resolve temporary software glitches.
- Disable Antivirus– Like a firewall, your antivirus software may also block certain game files and cause the Lil’ Guardsman game to not load properly.
Make Sure Your Device Meets the Minimum Requirements
Ensure your system meets the minimum requirements to run and play the Lil’ Guardsman game.
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
OS *: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel i5
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760TI
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 10 GB available space
Install Pending Updates For Your PC (Windows)
Outdated software and drivers may conflict with the game, it can cause issues with Lil’ Guardsman, resulting in game crashes, start-up issues, or fatal errors. It’s time to install all pending updates – Lil’ Guardsman requires the latest versions of drivers and support software to run properly.
- Open Windows Settings.
- Click “Windows Update” and then click “Check for Updates.”
- If an update is available for your Windows PC, download and install it.
- Relaunch the game (Lil’ Guardsman) and see if it starts without the previous issues.
Run Lil’ Guardsman With Administrator Privileges
It can be a solution to run the Lil’ Guardsman game under administrator privileges to resolve crashing or fatal errors.
- Open the Steam library, right-click Lil’ Guardsman, and select Properties.
- Click the “Installed Files” option and the “Browse” button to open the game directory.
- Next, right-click on the .exe file of Lil’ Guardsman and select “Properties.”
- Under the Compatibility tab, click the checkbox next to the “Run this program as an administrator” option.
- Click on “Apply” to save the changes that you have just made.
- Launch and test Lil’ Guardsman.
Verify Integrity Of Game Files
Some game files might get corrupted and these corrupted game files can cause problems and prevent the Lil’ Guardsman game from loading or causing it to crash during startup. Verifying and repairing corrupted game files can solve the crashing and loading problem and help Lil’ Guardsman run smoothly.
- Open the Steam Library.
- Right-click Lil’ Guardsman and select “Properties.”
- Under the “Local Files” option, click “Verify integrity of game files…”
- Wait while Steam validates Lil’ Guardsman files.
- Once validation is complete, re-launch Lil’ Guardsman to see if you can play it properly.
Reinstall the Game (Lil’ Guardsman)
If nothing helps, and the Lil’ Guardsman is still crashing or refusing to load, deleting the installed version and installing the newer version might be your last resort.
Wait for New Updates (Patch)
Wait for Hilltop Studios, the developers, to release a patch note for the game to resolve its known issues such as crashing, loading, or fatal errors.
For now, if nothing helps to resolve your issue, you can go with two options- update Lil’ Guardsman or contact game support.