Playback issues or errors are frequent for users. Although whatever the platform is, playback issues or errors may appear at any time. Discovery plus is also a platform that provides streaming services but, sometimes, users may get an error. This guide is all about Discovery Plus Error Code 0C-C009. If you are facing this issue then, here in this guide, you will get some easy tips that will resolve this issue for you.
Users reported that this error code not only appears during the streaming but also they see this while they try to log in. So, this is a very irritating error that can spoil your time.
Let’s see what this error code is and why this appears. Also, you will get to know what steps should you follow to fix this?
What Does Discovery Plus Error Code 0C-C009 Indicate?
Discovery Plus Error Code 0C-C009 is an indication of interference in the streaming that could appear if you have an unstable internet connection. Additionally, if you use an adblocker or a third-party application like proxy or antivirus on your device then, also these applications may cause issues and stop the streaming on Discovery plus. Sometimes, an outdated version of your device firmware or the application may also cause problems and lead to this error code.
So as the possible causes of the error code 0C-C009 can be stated as:
- Weak Internet.
- A third-party application such as Ad-blocker, an Antivirus, or Proxy software.
- Outdated version of the Application.
- Outdated version of your Device’s firmware or software.
- Corrupted Cache Files and data.
- The outdated version of your browser.
What to do to Fix Discovery Plus Error Code 0C-C009?
Well, this is the right question. Here are some tasks that you have to perform and get rid of this error code from your screen.
Check Internet Connection
As you guys know, to stream content online on any platform (Not the downloaded content), you need a good internet speed. If you have unstable internet then, this could cause issues and lead to an error while you are streaming.
So the first thing that you have to do is o check your internet if you are getting an error while you are streaming on Discovery Plus. Perform a speed test and if the speed is less than the required speed then, perform these tasks:
- Put the internet device closer to the streaming device.
- Disconnect other connected devices from your Wi-Fi internet.
- Restart your router.
- Unplug your router from all the power sources, and replug all the cables after waiting for 1 minute.
- Again perform a speed test and see if now the speed is as good as required.
- If the issue is in your wi-fi, switch to your mobile data if you are streaming Discovery plus on your phone.
Disable Third-Party Applications
In case, when you are using Discovery plus app on your system and if you have installed a third-party application such as an ad-blocker, antivirus, or a proxy then, disable these and try again.
Install an updated version of the Discovery Plus app
Check if you are not using an outdated version of the Discovery Plus app. If it is, install an updated version. This could prevent the application to create conflict and throwing an error code.
Install the updated version of your device
Not only the application but also your device software should also be updated to prevent the error code 0C-C009. If you are using Discovery plus app on your Windows system then, here is how to update Windows manually. For the phone, just go to the updater app and see if any update is pending or not. If yes, install and check if the problem has flown away or still appearing.
Clear Cache Files and Data to fix Discovery Plus Error Code 0C-C009
The process of clearing the cache data is different from device to device. So according to your device, clear the cache files and data and see if the error code has been fixed or not.
For Android phone users:
- Go to the Settings.
- Under the Apps section, click on manage apps.
- Now, search for the Discovery plus application and click on it.
- Below, on the right side, click on clear data or clear cache and select all data.
- Now, restart your device, and see if this is fruitful for you or not.
If you are using the application using your browser, then it is very simple to clear the cache files and data.
For Chrome Users:
- Click on three dots, up at the right corner of the screen.
- Select, the more tools option then clear browsing data.
- Under the Advanced section, tick the boxes according to your need.
- Now, click on Clear data and confirm your choice if asked.
- Next, retry to stream the content on Discovery plus.
- Also, update your chrome OS and see if this helps.
What is Discovery Plus error 240000 and how to fix it?
Discovery Plus error 240000 is a playback error that could arise mostly on browser users’ screens. To fix this error change your browser. This means- that if you are getting this error on your chrome browser, switch to the edge or firefox. Additionally, for Firefox users, disabling the content blocking can be a fruitful suggestion to fix this error. To do this:
- Open up the Firefox menu.
- Click on the options.
- Now, select the Privacy and Security tab.
- Next, under “Content Blocking”, turn off all tracking blockers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is error code 504 on Discovery Plus?
Error code 504 on Discovery Plus indicates that the connection between you and the server has been interrupted. In simple words, this error code means that the gateway has been timed out.
What does error 503 mean on Discovery Plus?
Error 503 on Discovery Plus means that the data stored on your browser need a refresh means the cache files and data stored on your browser have been corrupted and need clearing. In other words, this error usually means that something is stopping the browser from accessing the Discovery plus server.
Why am I getting an error on Discovery Plus?
An error code on Discovery plus can be a result of your fault or the platform’s fault.