Dungeon Mage was launched in December 2023, and since then, players have been enjoying this game. In the game, you can face the dangers of the changing dungeon layout and challenge the fierce bosses. The game is listed as Free To Play on the Steam Store.
Many have had success installing and playing it without any problem, while for many, Dungeon Mage is crashing, freezing, or facing issues on Startup. For you, if the game is not launching/loading or throwing fatal errors, keep reading on.
Here’s how you can resolve these issues with the Dungeon Mage.
Why Is Dungeon Mage Crashing, Freezing or not launching/loading?
Any of the following may prevent the Dungeon Maze game from loading/launching or cause crashing, freezing, or startup issues –
- Corrupted game files
- Software conflict
- Outdated graphics driver
- Missing or corrupted system drivers
- Lack of administrative rights
- Firewall or antivirus protection software.
How to Fix Dungeon Mage Crashing, Fatal Errors, and Startup Issues on PC?
Basic Checks First
If you have just installed Dungeon Mage and tried to launch it but started facing issues with the game, first, do some basic checks. Here are the steps to follow:
- Make sure your PC and the Dungeon Mage game are up to date, this may cause compatibility issues, resulting in the game crashing on your PC.
- Disable Windows Firewall– your firewall software may block some game files resulting in a fatal error when starting the Dungeon Mage game.
- Restart your PC and relaunch Dungeon Mage – this helps resolve temporary software glitches.
- Disable Antivirus– Like a firewall, your antivirus software may also block certain game files and cause the Dungeon Mage game to not load properly.
Make Sure Your Device Meets the Minimum Requirements
Ensure your system meets the minimum requirements to run and play the Dungeon Mage game.
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
OS *: Windows 7 and above
Processor: 2 GHz
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Graphics: 512 MB Video Memory
DirectX: Version 10
Storage: 1 GB available space
Note: The Steam Client will only support Windows 10 and later versions from January 1st, 2024.
Install Pending Updates For Your PC (Windows)
Outdated software and drivers may conflict with the game, it can cause issues with Dungeon Mage, resulting in game crashes, start-up issues, or fatal errors. It’s time to install all pending updates – Dungeon Mage requires the latest versions of drivers and support software to run properly.
- Open Windows Settings.
- Click “Windows Update” and then click “Check for Updates.”
- If an update is available for your Windows PC, download and install it.
- Relaunch the game (Dungeon Mage) and see if it starts without the previous issues.
Run Dungeon Mage With Administrator Privileges
It can be a solution to run the Dungeon Mage game under administrator privileges to resolve crashing or fatal errors.
- Open the Steam library, right-click Dungeon Mage, and select Properties.
- Click the “Installed Files” option and the “Browse” button to open the game directory.
- Next, right-click on the .exe file of Dungeon Mage and select “Properties.”
- Under the Compatibility tab, click the checkbox next to the “Run this program as an administrator” option.
- Click on “Apply” to save the changes that you have just made.
- Launch and test Dungeon Mage.
Verify Game Files
Some game files might get corrupted and these corrupted game files can cause problems and prevent the Dungeon Mage game from loading or causing it to crash during startup. Verifying and repairing corrupted game files can solve the crashing and loading problem and help Dungeon Mage run smoothly.
- Open the Steam Library.
- Right-click Dungeon Mage and select “Properties.”
- Under the “Local Files” option, click “Verify integrity of game files…”
- Wait while Steam validates Dungeon Mage files.
- Once validation is complete, re-launch Dungeon Mage to see if you can play it properly.
Reinstall Dungeon Mage
If nothing helps, and the Dungeon Mage is still crashing or refusing to load, deleting the installed version and installing the newer version might be your last resort.
Wait for the New Patch
Wait for Greenpixels, the developers, to release a patch note for Dungeon Mage to resolve its known issues such as crashing, loading, or fatal errors.
For now, if nothing helps to resolve your issue, you can go with two options- update Dungeon Mage or contact game support.