Are you encountering error code 300010 on the recently released game Diablo 4? Worry not, keep reading to know its causes and solutions.
As the most anticipated game, Diablo 4 has been a huge hit and also, has a good amount of daily players.
Since the game has a huge volume of daily visits, many of the players are facing issues and errors while playing it.
Some users are facing problems in playing the game as the game is freezing or crashing while some are facing errors while playing.
Error 300010 is only one error out of many. It has no clear meaning yet and the reasons are still unpredictable. However, you do have some simple ways to try that have helped many users to resolve this error.
How to Fix Diablo 4 Error Code 300010?
Check Internet Connection and Troubleshoot
Instability or interruption in the internet can be one of the main causes to appear the error code 300010. Network congestion and poor/unstable signals can be the culprits.
So, check your internet connection and troubleshoot the issues before playing Diablo 4.
- Perform a speed test.
- Restart your router.
- Reset your internet.
- Power cycle the router.
- Switch to another internet (If possible.)
- Visit downdetector.com.
- Type Diablo in the search bar and search.
- See if the graph has a spike or not.
- If yes, wait for a while before reattempting to play the game.
Restart the Game
- Close everything including the other opened tabs and applications.
- Turn off your system.
- Now, turn it On and restart the game.
- This will fix the temporary bugs and the game will start without the error.
Update the Game
If the simple restart is failed, updating the game may help. To update the game, open the Battle.net launcher and click on the gear icon for the Diablo 4 game and select “Check for Updates.”
If there is an update for the game, it will show, install it and relaunch the game.
Scan and Repair Game Files
- Open Battle.net launcher.
- Click on the gear icon for the Diablo 4 game.
- Choose “Scan and Repair.”
- Relaunch the game.
- Disable VPN or proxy.
- Disable firewall and antivirus software.
- Delete the “Battle.net” and “Blizzard Entertainment” folders from the cached files to fix the error code 7. To do this Open Run Dialogue Box and type “programdata” in the search bar, hit Enter and look for the folders and delete them.
- Reset your password.
- Contact support.
Comment below, which method has helped you. If you have found any other fix, leave that in the comment.