Instagram Unsend Message Not Working: the platform has a “Vanish” mode that lets people send each other messages, photos, videos, and other content in a chat that disappears from the thread.
Users also use the “Unsend” feature to delete the conversation from both sides in a chat.
The feature has additional ways to express yourself by adding effects, custom reactions, stickers, gifs, and polls.
The amazing features have made Instagram one of the most popular social media apps/platforms.
But, despite being very popular, Unsend Message is not working for some users. They are unable to delete conversations in a chat using this feature.
In this guide, you’ll get the reason behind the “Instagram Unsend Message Not Working” issue. You will also get the solution steps to resolve this issue.
Why is the Instagram Unsend Message Not Working?
Upstable/slow/poor internet can cause the “Instagram Unsend Message Not Working” issue. Instead, a temporary bug/glitch or even a corrupted/overloaded cache could be the culprit.
Otherwise, the Instagram direct messaging feature is down or facing some issues. It will back up in a while, till then, you will need to wait.
Head over to Twitter and see if other users are facing the same issue as you.
How to Fix Instagram Unsend Message Not Working problem
To fix the “Instagram Unsend Message Not Working” issue, clear the app cache or try downloading Instagram Lite from the Google Play Store.
But, before doing this, checking your internet connection should be your first troubleshooting step.
You can also try downloading an older version of Instagram (APK).
Troubleshoot Your Internet Connection
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection.
- Perform a speed test to see how fast your internet is.
- Switch between the internet (e.g. from Wi-Fi to mobile data and vice versa.)
- Restart your router.
- Power cycle your router or modem.
Download Instagram Lite (Android)
- Go to Play Store and Type “Instagram Lite” in the search address.
- Download and install the app.
- Open the app and log in to your account.
- Open your DMs (Direct Messages) and check if the typing indicator is showing up.
Switch To the Older Version of Instagram
- First, delete or uninstall the Instagram app from your device.
- Visit https://instagram.en.uptodown.com/android.
- Select “Older Versions.”
- Install the older version from the top.
- After installing, check if the typing indicator has started working or not.
Use Your Mobile or PC browser
- Open https://www.instagram.com/ on your mobile or PC browser.
- Sign in to the account.
- Open the chat and tap on the chat bubble.
- Tap or click on the three horizontal dots and tap on “Unsend.”
If the issue is still unresolved, try some other simple troubleshooting:
- Check if the app needs to be updated: got to App Store/Google Play Store, search for “Instagram”, and select “Update”.
- Restart the app: force exit the Instagram app and restart
- Sign out and sign in: go to your profile icon > Menu > Settings > Log out. Sign in again.
- Clear Instagram app cache: tap on the Settings app > Apps > Instagram > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data.
- Reinstall Instagram App: tap and hold on to the Instagram app icon and select “Uninstall.” Reinstall the app and launch.
- Wait for a while: the feature may get down a few times, wait and retry.