Instagram becoming famous day by day as it is one of the most popular social media platforms, serving across the world. It allows users to sync their contacts so that they can follow them from their phonebooks. But, why would anyone want to follow that contacts whom they already follow? Let’s make it easy, if you have already the contacts in your following list whom you want to follow, then you don’t need to put your contacts on the Facebook server. But, what if, you don’t know how to Delete Personal Contacts from Instagram? Then, you should read this guide to the end.
How to Delete Personal Contacts from Instagram
Hey! Let’s start, with how you will delete your contacts from your Instagram account or you can say from Facebook’s server.
- Open Instagram on your Computer which one you are using.
- Log in to your account using the login credential properly.
Note: You can’t delete your contacts using the Instagram application if you are willing to do it from your phone, whether it is Android or it is iPhone.
- Click on the Profile picture which is on the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, click on the Settings option which will appear after clicking on the profile picture.
- Next, click on the Manage contacts option.
- Here, you will get a list of contacts that you have provided to Instagram. Now, click on the Delete All button, this will delete all your phonebook contacts from Instagram.
That does not end here if you have turned on contact sync on your Instagram mobile application, then it will restore all the contacts from your phone. So, now, what should you do? You should read continue.
How to prevent Instagram to sync the contacts from the phonebook
Yes! You can prevent Instagram to sync the contacts by following these simple steps.
- Open the Application on your phone whether it is Android or iPhone.
- Click on your profile picture of yours. Now, this time it will not be on the top of the screen it will be at the right corner of the bottom of the screen.
- Now, click on the three lines.
- A list will open, Navigate the Settings option and click on it.
- Now, Click on the Account option.
- Next, you will see the “Contact Syncing” option under the account section.
- Click on the toggle to OFF it.
Now, your all contacts from the Facebook server will be deleted. And never sync until you turn this toggle on.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stop Instagram from syncing my contacts?
- Click on your profile picture in the bottom right and visit your profile.
- Click in the top right and then on Settings.
- Tap on Account, and the Contacts Syncing option.
- Now, click next to Connect contacts to turn off contact syncing.
- Finally, click on Disconnect.
Can my contacts see my Instagram account?
Anyone with your phone number saved in their contacts or who has added you on Facebook can easily find you on Instagram or your Instagram account.