Like every software, Roblox also releases updates from time to time to improve its performance and to add new features. Roblox has a huge engagement of users, including 9 million active users monthly. Sometimes it releases updates with new features to make it better for the users but, somehow users unable to update it easily. We have present this guide to make it easy for Roblox users. So if you are getting the error- Roblox was not able to update windows 10, while you try to update it, you are in the line of many victims who are facing this issue.
If you are a Mac user then read:
Roblox was not able to update on Mac- How to Fix
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 280
But, you should not worry as this article gonna help you to solve this problem easily. We have mentioned some possible reasons and their fixes below. These fixes are for Windows 10. So you can follow these fixes to resolve this error message.
How to fix Roblox was not able to update for Windows 10 PC
If you want to resolve this error message, then you should try some workarounds step by step, mentioned below.
- Restart your PC first.
- Check for a good Internet connection.
- Disable the antivirus software during updating.
- Check if the Roblox is not allowed in the Windows Firewall.
- Clear the app’s cache.
- Run Windows troubleshooter to fix this issue.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Roblox.
Restart your PC first
If you are getting this error message then, first of all, to fix this, you should restart your PC, either it is Windows 10 or Mac.
Check for a good Internet connection
The second step is if the first is not worked, check your internet connection. You can check your internet speed and if it is good, still you should restart your router once. If it not working, move to the next step.
Disable the antivirus software to fix Roblox was not able to update
Sometimes, we use Antivirus software in our system that may block some features of the game and stop the updation process. So, if you are using any, you should disable it during the updating and then enable it after the updation is completed. If you do not have any idea How to Disable Antivirus software on Windows 10 read this guide.
Check if the Roblox is not allowed in the Windows Firewall
You should also check if the Windows firewall is not allowing the Roblox. You can do this by given steps:
- In the search bar type- “control firewall.cpl” then press the Enter button.
- Option- “Allow an app through Windows Firewall” will appear in the window, click on it.
- Now, a new window will open, click on the Change settings option.
- Next, allow Roblox by checking the boxes and then restart the Roblox.
Clear the app’s cache
This is the fifth workaround and sometimes it really helps. So to fix the “Roblox was not able to update” error, you should clear the app’s cache and log files.
Read the full guide, how to Clear Cache and Log Files of Roblox:
How to Fix the Roblox Error Code 523
Run Windows troubleshooter to fix Roblox was not able to update Windows 10
You can resolve this error by running the windows troubleshooter application. Follow these steps to run it:
- Click on the Update & Security.
- Now, troubleshoot option will appear on the left side of the window, click on it.
- Expand the Windows Store apps option, you will get the Run the troubleshooter button, click on it.
- Next, follow the instruction and let the process complete.
- After completion of the process restarts the pc, and try to open Roblox, and check if the issue is gone.
Uninstall and Reinstall Roblox to fix Roblox was not able to update Windows 10
Uninstalling and then reinstalling the Roblox might help you if none of the above methods helps. So finally to fix Roblox was not able to update, you can reinstall it and it will automatically be download to its latest version.