Getting an error code on the screen is quite irritating. Some Roblox users are getting an Error Code 280 while they try to play the game. If you are one of those who are facing this error then, this article is for you. You will get a satisfactory solution in this article as we explain all the parameters of this error code. So let’s begin with:
What is the meaning of Roblox Error Code 280 and why does this appear?
Error Code 280 on Roblox means that you are using an outdated version of it and you need to update it as soon as possible. Sometimes, this error code can also appear due to the wrong date and time setting.
There can be two best possible reasons behind this error code:
- If you are using an outdated version of Roblox.
- If there is a problem with the date and time setting.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 280
Fixing this error should not be a big task. Although no official announcement has been made by Roblox, you can fix this error by following our simple guide.
- Update the Roblox Version.
- Update the Date and Time.
- Disable Antivirus Software.
- Uninstall and reinstall the game.
Update the Roblox Version
If you are getting Roblox Error Code 280 then, the first thing you should do is to update it to its latest version. Updating the version of Roblox is not a big task but sometimes it throws an error Roblox was not able to update Windows 10. First, try to update by the given steps and if there is any problem in updating then you can go with the link to update Roblox successfully on your PC whether it is Windows 10 or Mac.
- Firstly, open the application.
- If any update is available, it will check automatically.
- If any, then update it by clicking on it and restarting the game.
- After restarting check if the error is gone.
If any issue occurs during the updation, follow the above link guide to make it successful.
Update the Date and Time
This can barely happen because your time and date are not up to date but you should check it once. If you find any mistake, you can set it by these steps:
- Click on the Time & Language option.
- Now, click on the Date and Time option.
- From the right-hand side of the window, under the Date and Time section, select your correct time zone and set the time automatically On. Next, click on the Save button.
- After this, relaunch the Roblox and check if the error code is disappeared or not.
Alternate Method set Time and date:
You can also follow this method to set the time and date of your system. Here are the steps:
- Click on the date and time (right corner of the screen).
- A popup window will open, click on the change date and time setting link.
- A new window will appear with three sections as shown in the figure.
- From here, you can set your current time and date, but first, select your correct time zone and then, click on Apply then on the OK button. This sets your system time and date to the current.
Disable Antivirus Software
Antivirus software sometimes creates some glitches as it can block some game files and don’t let the game perform properly. So, disable it if you are using antivirus software while trying to play the game on Roblox, and after your gameplay, you can resume the software as it was.
Uninstall and reinstall the game
If none of the above solutions helped you can simply uninstall and then reinstall the Roblox with its latest version. If you have any issue with updation then we have already mentioned above how you can update Roblox easily.
Now, we have tried to cover all the important things in this article related to the Roblox Error Code 280. Hope! you have found this helpful. Please comment us which method helped you to resolve this error code. Thanks…