Are you facing Epic Games error code II-E1003 while playing Fortnite, GTA V, or others? Continue reading this guide to know about it and its fixes.
Users are getting this error while installing the game. The error code indicates that the launcher is unable to download the game files.
The game has two types, the first is “install failed” and the second is “launch failed.”
The second type of error has the message “You must be signed in to launch the game. Please sign in and try again” along with an error code like LS-0003.
You will also be provided with a link to search the knowledge base provided by the officials.
In this guide, you’ll learn what Epic Games error code II-E1003 indicates and how to fix it.
What is Epic Games Error Code II-E1003?
The error code II-E1003 indicates that the launcher is facing issues to download or launching the game files.
Corrupted Epic Games files can cause this error.
You can check your Epic Games Launcher logs to know more about the cause. Just enable the Debug Logging box in your Epic Games Launcher settings.
How to Fix Epic Games Error Code II-E1003
To fix this error, run Epic Games as an administrator and if this doesn’t work, try clearing the Epic Games’ cache.
Alternatively, try uninstalling and reinstalling Epic Games or verifying the game files.
Run Epic Games with Administrator Privilege
- Right-click on Epic Games launcher.
- Select “Run as administrator.”
- This will give permission to the launcher to access files installed on your computer.
Clear Epic Games’ cache
- Open the Run dialog box.
- In the search bar, type “%localappdata%” and select “OK”.
- Search and delete the “EpicGamesLauncher” folder.
- After that, delete the “Epic Games” folder also.
- Now, restart your computer and try installing or launching the game again.
Uninstall and reinstall Epic Games
- Open Windows Settings.
- Click on Apps > Apps & Features > Epic Games Launcher.
- Next, click on Three dots > Uninstall > Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Visit https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/download and reinstall Epic Games Launcher.
- Open it after reinstalling and try installing or launching the game again.
Verify the game files
- From the Start menu, search and open the Epic Games Launcher and log in.
- Now, select “Library” and search and find the affected game (that failed to launch).
- Once you got the game, click on the three dots on the game.
- Next, select “Manage” followed by the “Verify” option.
- Finally, try launching the game again.
We hope you have found a way to solve error II-E1003. Tell us how this guide goes for you! Thanks!