Fix Steam Error e502 l3 in Windows 10: Steam is a very popular platform for video games, and this is also very trusted among video gamers. Some users reported an Error e502 l3 pop-up while they play games using Steam. If this error code is appearing on the front of the screen of your Windows 10 computer, you couldn’t run the game, and also you will be unable to find out them in the library.
If we talk about the inference behind this error code, this appears commonly due to a network issue or server down. Since no bug has been reported in the activity feed, you could check whether it is down or not. After that, try the given workarounds.
Related: How to fix Steam error code 53
Fix Steam Error e502 l3
Here, in this article, some workarounds are mentioned which can fix the Steam Error e502 l3. Just follow these workarounds to fix it.
First of all Check Steam Status
- Follow the URL- steamstat.us to check the server status of the Steam.
- From here, check steam service is in your region or not.
Check your Network
You need to have a perfect and stable network connection to play the game using Steam. So, make sure your network is proper and no issue with this. If you have some issue with this, generally, switch off your router for at least 10 seconds, and restart it again to play the game.
Check the Firewall Settings to fix Steam Error e502 l3
Sometimes, a third-party firewall solution causes a hindrance while playing a game because of most of the firewall solution block Steam. Unblock or uninstall such type of firewall solutions from your PC to play the game through Steam.
Uninstall and Reinstall Steam Client
If your installed steam client is buggy, this may also cause the Steam Error e502 l3. In this case, you need to uninstall your buggy steam client and reinstall it because corrupted files in the steam application might cause an error. The best solution of uninstalling and then installing the Steam client is as follows –
- Press Windows+R together to open the Run Dialog Box.
- Now, type- appwiz.cpl in the search bar and hit the Enter button.
- Make a right-click on the steam and select the Uninstall option.
- A popup will open to confirmation, click on the Yes button.
- Now, restart your computer and go to your browse and type – store.steampowered.com.
- Install Steam from this location.
Run full Windows Defender scan to fix Steam Error e502 l3
We all know that malware can disturb our normal activities but also it can cause Steam Error e502 l3. If the above methods didn’t work to fix the issue, it means you need to think about the virus or malware. Windows 10 provide a built-in security application named windows defender. This application will help you in such type of situation. It will scan your PC fully for any type of threat and discards them effectively. Using these steps, run your defender tool for full scan:
- Use Windows keyboard shortcuts or click on the search icon from the taskbar.
- Now, type Full scan in it and hit the Enter button.
- Click on the Scan option from the appearing window.
- Now, check the option- Full Scan from here, and click on the scan now button.
- Wait for some time until the scan is complete.
- After completion of the scan, follow the guideline provided by the defender application.
Don’t apply a third-party anti-cheat software
If an anti-cheat software is installed on your computer, then this may also cause a Steam Error e502 l3 as Steam does not claim to support a third-party anti-cheat software. So, do not apply a third-party anti-cheat software to prevent this error. If you have already installed such type of software then uninstall it, hopefully, the error will be fixed.
Steam purchase Error E502 L3
Users are reporting an error code E502 L3 during the purchase. The term is meant for an error 502 on layer 3 and the messages associated with this error are different at every time. Mostly, this error is appearing while users making credit card payments or completing the purchase. This is a bug from the Steam application, and you need to wait until the company fixes it.
I hope! this article will be helpful to you. Thanks…