Outlook error 0x8004210b: There can be various reasons behind this error code and SMTP (simple mail transfer protocol) is one of these. It seems clear that this is an error due to SMTP and ISP so, if you don’t know about the SMTP or ISP then here is the very basic intro of these terms. Before starting the methods to fix this error you should know about these terms, and if you already know about SMTP, then you can directly switch to the methods to fix Outlook error 0x8004210b.
The exactly error message is look like this:
What is SMTP(Simple Mail Transfer Protocol)?
This is a protocol for the communication for the electronic mail i.e Email. It is used to exchange mail between the users within the same PC or a different one. The best feature of this is, it is able to send a single message to one or more receivers including Video, graphics, text, and voice messages.
The main use of SMTP is to set up rules between the servers. This handles the errors related to the emails that’s why in the error 0x8004210b, it is mentioned that the operation timed out for a response from SMTP.
How to fix Outlook Error 0x8004210A
Outlook Error 80041004 code on Windows 10
Methods to fix Outlook Express Error 0X8004210B
Use these methods to fix this error code and these are very simple and easy to do. So, here is the list of methods and we’ll discuss them one by one.
- Verify the accessibility of the Internet.
- Remove the suspicious Emails from the Mail Box.
- Increase the server timeouts Intervals.
- Disable Antivirus Scanner.
- Create a new Email Account.
- Repair Outlook program.
- Check the integrity of the files by Scanpst.exe.
Verify the accessibility of the Internet
Mostly, an email error causes due to bad internet connectivity. So, if you improve your internet connectivity, maybe Error 0X8004210B will not appear on you your screen. So, the first method is to verify the accessibility of the internet to your computer. You can check this by typing any URL in your system browser. If the URL opens instantly, means your internet is running properly. In this case, you can go forward with the next method.
Remove the suspicious Emails from the Mail Box
A damaged Email into your mailbox can also cause this error code. To prevent the error message, you have to go to your mailbox, and recognize the damaged Email, and delete it instantly from here.
Increase the server timeouts Intervals
As we discussed above, server time interval plays the main role in getting the OutLook Error 0X8004210B. So, by increasing the server timeout interval you can fix this error code. Here are important tips to increase this time interval:
- In your Outlook account, click on the account setting button by going to the File menu.
- Once the account setting window is opened, click on- “More setting” option.
- Now, a popup window will open, click on the advance tab.
- From here, you can increase the server timeout value to 5+ minutes.
- After increasing the timeout value, click on the next or finish button and restart your PC.
Disable Antivirus Scanner
You should disable your antivirus scanner during using outlook because the software assuredly scans all the emails which have sent or received. This causes a delay in the sending or receiving process of an email.
Create a new Email Account
Also, a damaged email account may cause Outlook Express Error 0X8004210B. If your account is also damaged then you can create a new email account by following these steps.
- Open control panel., select mail applet from here.
- A popup window will open, click on the “Email accounts” option.
- Select your targeted account and click on the remove button.
- After removal of your old account, click on the add button to add a new email account, and follow the instruction to complete the process.
Repair Outlook program to fix Outlook Error 0X8004210B
You can also attempt to repair your outlook via- repairing Office tool.
- Click on Uninstall programs by accessing the control panel.
- Press- change button by navigating the Microsoft office.
- Select- Repair, and click on the continue.
Check the integrity of the files by Scanpst.exe to fix Outlook error 0x8004210b
Sometimes, after removing the damaged emails from your Outlook mailbox, you see the outlook Error 0X8004210B on your screen because the damaged emails ruined some outlook files. Therefore, this becomes very necessary to check the integrity of the outlook files by the outlook tool- Scanpst.exe.
Search- “Scanpst” in the windows explore then locate and launch it.
Select outlook files by clicking on the browse button.
Lastly, click on the Start button.