Outlook Error 0x8004210A is a code that appears when you go to send or receive mail in your OUtlook account. You will exactly get a message- “The operation timed out while waiting for a response from the receiving server” with error code 0x8004210A. You can call this error as send/receive error also, as it appears during the process of receiving or sending any mail.
During this error message, you can not send mails or receive them. This can cause very big problems to anyone as if they are getting this error message repeatedly. Sometimes, you can blow some very important emails which can harm your business or your job too. Therefore, fixing this error code becomes very important.
Related: Fix Outlook Error 80041004 code on Windows 10
Methods to Fix Outlook Error 0x8004210A
There are some tips and methods by using them, you can fix this error code on your system. Go ahead with these steps:
- By verifying the accessibility of the Internet on your computer.
- Removing the suspicious Emails from the mailbox.
- By increasing the server timeouts Intervals.
- By disabling the antivirus scanner.
- Creating a new email account.
- By Repairing the outlook program.
- Checking the Integrity of the files by Scanpst.exe.
By verifying the accessibility of the Internet on your computer
Sometimes, the Outlook Error 0x8004210A happens due to a bad internet connection. So, make sure your device is truly accessing the internet or not.
- To check the connectivity of the internet, open your browser, and type any URL in the search bar, and press the Enter button. If this opens easily, means you have a good connection to the internet, and if any trouble with opening the URL address then firstly, you should deal with your internet issue.
If you have a good internet connection and still getting the error message, then you can try the next tips.
Removing the suspicious Emails from the mailbox
If any damaged email message is stuck in your mailbox, it can be a reason behind the error 0x8004210A. Go to your mailbox and recognize the corrupted messages and remove or delete them immediately from your mailbox. After this, check if the error is resolved, if not, go with the next steps.
By increasing the server timeouts Intervals
These steps, you have to follow to increase the server timeout intervals:
- In Outlook, click on the- Account settings from the Files option from the menu.
- Select your targeted account, click on- Change option.
- Press- More settings, which appear in a new window.
- Now, a popup dialog will open, from here switch to the advanced tab. From here, you can increase the server timeout interval.
Check the error code is still present? If yes, move to the next tips.
By disabling the antivirus scanner
Every time, sent or received emails scanned by the antivirus presented on your PC, this can delay or terminate the sending or receiving process of an email. That’s why you should disable your antivirus to defend against the Outlook error 0x8004210A.
Creating a new Email account to fix Outlook error 0x8004210A
If the above-mentioned tips do not help you, you can create a new Email account to resolve this error code from your computer. Creating a new email account may resolve this error.
- Quit Outlook and go to the control panel.
- Choose mail applet.
- Click on the Email account option from the popup window.
- Click- Remove by selecting the targeted account.
After removal of the targeted account, click on the add to add a new mail to this account, and follow the instruction. If still facing a problem, choose the next method.
By Repairing the outlook program to fix Outlook Error 0x8004210A
If you do not reach a proper solution to fix the appearing error code, you can attempt to repair outlook via repairing office.
- Go to the control panel, click on the uninstall programs.
- Navigate- Microsoft Office, and hit the change button.
- Finally, select- Repair option from the appearing window and hit the continue button.
Checking the Integrity of the files by Scanpst.exe
As we mentioned above, a damaged email can cause Outlook error 0x8004210A. Sometimes, if you removed these emails from your Outlook mailbox, the error still exists because they have ruined the outlook files. So, you can go through the Outlook inbox repair tool i.e Scanpst.exe to check the Outlook file’s integrity.
- Go to the Window Explorer, and search “Scanpst”.
- Locate and launch it.
- Next, select outlook files by clicking on- Browse.
- Finally, click on the start.