Are you encountering the Error Code 0x8007017C ( The Cloud Operation is Invalid) during accessing or copying the file types like jpg, png, and gif? The full error message exactly looks like the image shown above. You may face this error code commonly if you have installed KB4592449 on your Windows 10 PC. Also, if the on-demand file access feature is enabled on your Windows 10 PC, you can see this error code.
Other Reasons: Also, this error appears if you have an issue with your OneDrive. Sometimes, a corrupted file is stuck in your one drive folder, which can cause this type of error. In this solution guide, we’ll discuss the best possible solutions to fix Error Code 0x8007017C.
Methods to fix the cloud operation is invalid (Error Code 0x8007017C)
The best way to fix this error is- disabling the On-demand file access. Here, we are telling you two methods to disable on-demand file access.
- By System and Security option.
- Using the Group Policy setting.
Disable the on-demand file access Using System and Security
Follow the instructions to disable on-demand file access using the System and Security option.
- Open Run.
- Type Control panel in the Search box
- Now, hit Enter.
- Choose- System and Security and click on the Work Folder.
- Now, uncheck the Enable on-demand file access checkbox by clicking on it.
Note: Make sure your system has enough space because once the feature is disabled, all user’s files will become downloadable from the Work Folders server. If you have a new device and you are getting this error code then, after the sync from the server, you can re-enable this feature.
Disable the on-demand file access using the Group Policy setting
To fix the error code 0x8007017C, you can also disable the on-demand file access using the Group Policy setting. Here’s the way to proceed:
- Type- gpmc.msc in the search bar area of the Run dialog box.
- Hit- Enter.
- Group Policy Management Console will appear.
- Follow the following path-
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components then Work Folders.
- Now, select the Specify work folder setting and double-click on it.
- Set the setting of On-demand file access preference to Disable.
Other Methods to fix Error Code 0x8007017C:
We have some other methods to fix this error code, and some users on the respective forum site find these methods helpful. May these fixes help you too.
- Open Run with the help of keyboard shortcuts.
- Type following in the search-
- Hit- Enter button.
- OneDrive system tray icon will disappear. Wait for 1 to 2 minutes it will re-appear.
- If this icon will not appear, then type the following:
- Now, in your firewall, Add an exception for OneDrive
- Right-click on the OneDrive icon, and go to the settings, then click on the Unlink this PC option.
- Now, Delete the OneDrive folder from your PC.
Note- Make a copy of your files before deleting the OneDrive folder.
- Next, sign in again, and create a new folder for OneDrive.
That’s it… Thanks…