Are you getting Crave error code 241001 while trying to stream? Continue reading this guide to fix it.
Crave is loved by Canadian people to stream TV series, motion pictures, and documentaries.
However, the platform has errors and bugs too. The error 241001 is one of them.
In this guide, you’ll learn why this error appears and what steps should you take to get rid of it.
Why does Crave error code 241001 appear?
This error code 241001 can mostly appear due to improper or irregular flow of internet signal. Unstable/weak/slow internet can be one of the most common reasons.
Corrupted app/browser caches, an outdated version of your browser or app, and an ad-blocking software/app/extension also can’t be ignored.
You should also check if the platform’s server is dealing with any maintenance work or facing any outage issues.
How to Fix Crave Error Code 241001?
To fix Crave error code 241001, try troubleshooting your Internet problems and refreshing your browser. Then, try updating the app and your browser.
You can also try clearing the app/browser cache and disabling ad-blocker software/apps/extensions.
If that doesn’t help, verify that the platform’s servers are undergoing maintenance or experiencing an outage issue – visit its Reddit and Twitter official pages.
Troubleshoot Internet Issues
- Do a speed test of your current/connected internet.
- If the speed is slow, try connecting your ISP.
- Shut down your router and let it be off for a few minutes. Turn it on again and connect your device.
- Unplug your router completely and leave it for 4 to 5 minutes. Replug all cords and cables into it and turn it on again.
Refresh Your Browser
- Close Crave and your browser’s all tab.
- Open the browser again and try opening the Crave on it.
- Start streaming the content.
Update the App/Browser
- To update the Crave app, uninstall and reinstall it. It will automatically install the latest version of the Crave app.
- You can also try updating your browser – if you’re using it to stream content.
Read– How to update your ChromeOS.
- Try clearing your browser’s cache and data.
- Clear Crave app cache and data.
- Disable ad-blocker software/app/extension.
- Check server health and outages.
If nothing helps, try contacting Crave Support to get help.
Official operating hours are Monday through Sunday from 9 am to 11 pm.
We hope this guide helped you. Tell us how this guide goes for you! Thanks!