Roku Express vs Stick? which one is suitable for you? Well, you can select one after reading this detailed comparison guide. Roku is a hardware digital media player that provides many things including its products Roku Express and Roku Streaming Stick.
Streaming services are being quite popular these days as people get all their entertainment packs on their home devices or their phones. As the demand for streaming services is increasing day by day the streaming service-providing companies are also coming up with new and updated products.
Roku is one of the popular digital media player manufacturing companies- that was first developed and introduced in 2008 in collaboration with Netflix.
Well, you are here to know about Roku Express and Roku Streaming Stick, so without taking too much time of yours, let’s cover the main topic.
Roku Express vs Roku Stick
The Roku Express and Roku Stick both are not so costly these two are low-cost streaming solutions provided by Roku. To stream content on both, you will need a Wi-Fi connection with good and stable speed. Both the Roku Express and the Stick use Roku’s operating system to perform. So, where are these two devices differ from each other? Well, this is the right question from a user’s point of view. So the quick answer is these devices differ in some categories such as hardware, pricing, and of course the form factors.
Though, both the devices have the capability to connect with voice-enabled software like Alexa and Hey Google, only Roku Stick has a voice-controlled remote. Whereas the Roku express has only the feature to sync with the Apple AirPlay. Also, the Roku express comes with an HDMI cable that makes the setup simple and convenient.
Roku Express vs Roku Stick: Points to Be Noticed
We will cover all the important features one by one. Let’s start with the feature of Roku Express.
- Roku express has a 4.8 rating on amazon over the 149,317 ratings and has a pricing of 30$. This has an easy setup and use. To use and set up the Roku express you just have to plug this into your device and connect with the internet, and here you go.
- The remote of the Roku Express comes with all the keys that you need but, you will not get the voice-enabled feature in it. However, you can operate your Roku express with Hey Google, Siri, or Alexa but, not through your remote.
- Roku Express has a feature to sync with the Apple AirPlay so, you can easily sync this device with the Apple Products.
- If we talk about the streaming quality, Roku express is capable to stream up to 1080p on HD TVs with an upscaling from 720p.
- Users can link the Roku express with their phones, and pair it with the headphones to listen in privately.
- It comes with HDMI cords.
Roku Streaming Stick
- Roku Streaming Stick has a 4.7-star rating among the 115,122 reviews on Amazon and pricing of 40$. As it is named, you can use it very easily as you just have to plug this into your wall-mounted Tv and connect with the internet, that’s it.
- The extra feature of the Roku Stick is that its remote not only comes with the required keys but it has also a voice-enabled feature in it. This can work with Alexa and Hey Google but not with Siri. As an additional feature on the remote, you will get shortcuts to all the popular and favorite apps.
- You can stance your phone by just plugging the headphones in it and listening privately through your phone. This means the Roku stick offers private listening through the phone.
- Streaming quality in Roku Stick is up to 1080p with upscaling from 720p. But, if you have a 4K TV then, none of the devices (Roku Express and Roku Stick) supports 4K video.
- Just plug the stick into the HDMI port and connect with the internet and follow the on-screen steps to set it up easily.
|Roku Express||Roku Stick|
|Quality of Streaming||Up to 1080p (1920 x 1080) with and up-scaling from 720p on HD TVs||Same As Roku Express.|
|Voice-enabled feature in Remote||No||Yes, but only with Alexa and hey Google. With Siri, No.|
|Connection Via||HDMI Cable||HDMI 1.4|
|Headphone to listen in private||Yes||No|
Roku Express vs. Roku Stick: Pricing
According to the pricing, the Roku express has less price than the Roku stick. Roku Express has 29.99$ or 30$ whereas the Roku Stick has 49.99$ or 50$.
This is an opinion guide so this is important to give our opinion to the readers. According to our opinion, both the devices are well and good. It depends upon you which one is good or suits you according to your need.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is better Roku stick or express?
Well, you can find the answer to this question in this guide and conclude it according to your need. According to the pricing, Roku express is good but some features are not available in this whereas you will get some extra features in Roku stick.
Is Roku express good enough?
Roku express is more than enough to watch your shows and movies. But, this does not support 4K video so if you want to watch 4K video you will have to upgrade Premiere, Premiere+, or Ultra for that.
Is there a monthly fee for Roku Express?
No, there is no monthly fee for Roku Express or any other Roku Player.