Whenever we are about to reach the suspense of our favorite shows, we are interrupted by advertisements. The smart TV undoubtedly transformed home entertainment by providing access to streaming content and online features directly through TV interfaces.
However, the manufacturer incorporated the advertisements to generate revenue disrupting the viewer’s enjoyment.
So don’t waste time let’s talk about the comprehensive on guide how to block the ads.
WHY SHOULD YOU BLOCK THE ADS?
Unwanted ads on your LG TV can affect your entertainment. Hence, it is advised to block the ads on your TV. Here are the following reasons –
- By disabling ads, you can avoid interruption while watching your favorite shows/movies.
- If you are concerned about the privacy of your data on the TV.
- To protect your kids from age-restricted ads.
- To load the web browser faster.
HOW TO BLOCK ADS ON LG TV?
There are several methods by which you can block the ads on your LG SMART TV –
CHANGE HOME SETTINGS
If you are getting ads on LG TV running webOS, it is due to the home setting. To resolve this you have to follow these steps –
- Press the settings button
- Tap on all settings and select the general menu
- Then click on the system and choose additional settings
- Click the home setting and turn off the home auto launch and home promotion to avoid ads on your LG TV.
After following the above steps you can enjoy your shows without disrupting the ads in your LG TV.
SWITCH TO HOME MODE
If you see some unwanted pop up while watching TV then understand that your TV is in store mode. You can enable it by using the following steps –
1. Go to the menu section
2. Then choose options
3. Then select the initial setup option
4. Choose your preferred language and click on the home use to enable it.
DISABLE LIVE PLUS ON SETTINGS
So now there is a feature available on the latest TV, Live Plus, this is a feature that Tracks you, into what you are watching and listening to. Live Plus shows you ads depending on what kind of content you consume.
To stop ads of Live Plus, you will have to disable this feature, which you can do with the help of these steps –
- Press the settings button
- From that select the all-setting option
- Then choose general
- Now click on the live plus and turn off the toggle
UNCHECK DEVICE ADVERTISING AGREEMENT
Most of the TV devices that are showing advertisements to you have agreed to the advertisement agreement. To stop them, follow the given steps.
- Press the setting button on the remote
- Select all settings and choose a support option
- Then select additional settings and click on the user agreement
- After that uncheck the device agreement and click allow
BLOCK ADS USING ROUTER
You can also block ads by blacklisting certain URLs of the LG website to the router website. To do so follow the steps –
- Connect your LG TV to the wifi which should same as the router
- Run a web browser on your PC
- Provide the username and password to the router
- Then locate the block sites, Content filtering or security names can vary
- Click on the IP address and input the following URLs –
After that save the setting and exit the browser.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can you install YouTube Vanced on LG webOS TV for ad-free access
No. YouTube Vanced is unavailable for LG Smart TVs. However, you can cast your Android screen to an LG TV and use the YouTube Vanced app.
Do LG TVs have ads?
Yes, LG TVs contain ads on all its webOS-powered devices.
How do I block websites on my LG Smart TV?
From Settings, you can block websites on your LG smart TV, here are the steps-
- Go to Settings
- Select the Privacy option.
- Select Smart TV experience
- Disable the Use Info from the TV inputs option.
Can you block apps on LG TV?
You can’t block an app on your LG TV, instead, you can lock it to restrict the app to certain age groups.
END UP TEXTS…
This guide has 5 methods to block ads on your LG Smart TV, these methods are as follows –
- Change the home setting
- Switch to home mode
- Disable the Live Plus setting
- Uncheck the device advertisement agreement
- Block ads using your router
If even after all this, your problem is not solved and you still see the ads, pop-ups then contact LG customer support for further assistance.