Hey! Are you getting some issue with your old printer software and want to install a new one. But, somehow, when you are going to install the new printer software, you are encountering the Error 0x800f0223 ( Operation could not be completed ). This error message can disturb you enough if you don’t know how to get fix it. As many users are encountering this error, we decided to solve their problems by providing them some easy to do solutions.
Why appearing the printer Error 0x800f0223?
Most of the time, you can see this error code due to the compatibility issue of the software and the Windows 10 operating system. But, some other reasons too behind this error like- confliction between the files, Plug and Play service, etc. So you should address the issue that is spread out from the operating system and resolve them accordingly.
Methods to fix printer Error 0x800f0223 (Operation could not be completed)
We will discuss 4 methods in this article to fix the printer error 0x800f0223. Without wasting time, let’s start with the first method.
(A) Modify Play and plug service from Manual to Automatic
As you can see in the error message that is- The play and plug service are not available on the remote machine, firstly, you should set the play and plug services to the automatic from manual. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Start and type service in the search box, then press Enter button.
- Now, a service window will open, and then navigate to the Plug and Play option.
- Double-click on this and the properties window will open, go to the general tab and set the Startup type- Automatic.
- Now, click on the Start then Apply then the OK button.
After all, try to install the printer.
(B) Perform Installation of the Printer Software in safe mode
Sometimes, if any conflict is happening between existing software and the printer software, then this may also be a reason to throw the printer error 0x800f0223. Therefore, in this situation, you should install the printer software in a safe mode to prevent the error code. Now, the question is how we install the driver in a safe mode? Look below and you will find the answer to this question.
- Go to the Update and Security option.
- Click on the Recovery option below it.
- Now, from the right side of the window, click on the Restart Now, as shown in the screenshot.
- Go to the next screen select- Troubleshoot then Startup Settings.
- Now, click on the restart button, and after this press the F5 button from Keyboard.
- This will assign the safe Mode. Now, try to install the printer software.
(C) Check and Install the Printer software with Compatibility Settings
If after doing the above method, still, you are facing the error code then probably your printer software is not compatible with your Windows operating system. In this case, you should check if you are installing the latest version of the software or not then after should install it with the compatibility settings.
- Go to the Setup file and right-click on it and select properties.
- Now, you will see a check box with the text- Run this program in compatibility mode for, click on this checkbox.
- Choose the previous version from the dropdown menu.
- Check the Box- Run this program as an administrator.
- Now, click on Apply then the OK button, and follow the instructions to complete the process.
(D) Remove Old Printer Softwares
Anyhow, if none of the methods are helping you to resolve the printer error 0x800f0223, in this case, you should go with this method by following the mentioned steps.
- Open Run Dialog Box.
- Type- ms-settings: in the search then hit the Ok button to open the Settings Or you can use Keyboard Shortcuts to open it.
- Now, select Devices.
- Next, the Printer and Scanners.
- From the right side of the Window select the device which you want to remove.
- Click on the button- Remove device, then confirm it by click on the Yes button.