Steam is very popular among all the game provider platforms all over the world. The popularity of this game distribution software is increasing day by day. Recently, the Valheim game launched on this platform which is gathering more and more people day by day. As this game getting popular the number of users on steam is also increasing constantly. But, many users are also facing some errors, bugs, and issues in this software. Recently, users were facing Steam Error e502 l3 while they were going to purchase something on Steam, and now they are facing Not Enough Disk Space Error on Steam.
We recommend, if you want to fix various PC Errors automatically, Don’t waste your time, download this PC repair tool- Restoro. This tool is trusted by millions of people and this fixes various PC problems and boosts your PC performance. It gives you very good support. So download it now and enjoy an error-free PC.
For the solution of error e502 l3, if you are also getting this error code when you try to make a payment or going to purchase something on steam, you can follow the above link. For discussed error message, we are providing some very useful workarounds and methods below.
But first, we will understand what exactly this error code is, and then will proceed to the solution of this error code.
Not Enough Disk Space Error on Steam
Not Enough Disk Space Error means when you try to download or update a game, it doesn’t find enough space on your system to install and store the game files. Users are facing this error code when they try to download or update a game. This error code stops your downloading and throws the mentioned error message on your screen.
Possible Reasons of this error code
We have collected some possible reasons for the steam error code Not Enough Disk Space, let’s see what these are:
- Some buggy cache files have been downloaded in the Steam Download cache.
- Any problem with the Steam Library.
- Some files are partially downloaded.
- You didn’t set your internal library as default.
How to fix Not Enough Disk Space Error on Steam
To resolve this error message from your screen, you have to do the following things:
- Clear the Steam Download Cache Memory.
- Set the Internal Library as Default.
- Repair the Steam Library Files.
- Verify the Integrity of the Game Files.
- Find out partially downloaded files and Delete them.
Clear the Steam Download Cache Memory
Sometimes, some unwanted cache files have been downloaded in the steam cache memory, which can trigger the error message. So, first, you have to clear them from the cache memory to resolve the Not Enough Disk Space Error on Steam.
- Go to the Setting in Steam.
- Select Downloads from the left-hand side of the appearing window.
- Now, when you click on the Download option, you will see the Clear Download Cache button on the bottom of the right-hand side of the window.
- Click on this button, this will clear the cache files.
- Now, log in to steam again and when this message will appear, click on the OK button.
- Restart the Steam and try downloading your game using your login credentials.
Set the Internal Library as Default
If you have set an external drive as the default install location, then this might also cause the error- Not enough Disk Space. Sometimes we set an external drive to the default install location and the drive is not connected to the system when we are trying to download a game on steam. So, we suggest that you should make your internal library as default and then try to download the game.
- Open Steam.
- Go to the settings.
- Click on the Downloads option.
- Now, make a right-click on the Steam library folders and select the “Make default folder” option from here.
Repair the Steam Library Files to fix Not Enough Disk Space Error on Steam
The steam library is the place where your games files are placed and sometimes you need to configure it properly. You can do this by repairing the library files.
- Launch Steam software and open Settings.
- Click on the Steam Library Folder under the content library section.
- A new window will open, now, right-click on the steam registry folder and click on the Repair Library Folder option.
- Restart the Steam when the process is completed.
Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
After repairing the library folder you can verify the integrity of the game file by following steps:
- Go to the Library after launching the Steam application.
- Find out the game for which you want to verify the integrity. Right-click on that game and select Properties.
- Now, you will see five tabs that appeared on the screen, select the local files tab form here.
- Click on the- Verify Integrity of Game Files option.
- Now, restart the steam and start downloading the game.
Download the Restoro PC repair tool to fix various PC problems in a very simple way. This tool is rated great on Trustpilot. Download it now.
Find out partially downloaded files and Delete them
You can find out partially downloaded files and delete them to fix the Not Enough Disk Space Error on Steam.
- Open task manager.
- Find all the steam services from here.
- Click on End Task for each selected steam service.
- Now, open the Steam directory using this path- C:Program Files (x86)Steam.
- Click on the downloading folder in the Steamapps folder.
- Now, you can find out the folder that causing the problem by its application ID.
- Restart the Steam application and start downloading the game which you want to download.
These were the possible fixes of the error code- Not Enough Disk Space Error on Steam. Hope these methods will help you to resolve the error message.
Related Question And their Answers
Q. What Should I do if Steam says there is not enough disk space?
A. If this case, you can clear your steam download cache to fix this error because sometimes some corrupted and incomplete files can through this error code.
Q. Why Not Enough Disk Space Error on Steam appears?
A. We have explained in detail about this question. You should read this guide from the beginning.