Web Browser Not Working on LG Smart TV: Welcome all of you to the world of LG Smart TV, which is constantly changing itself to provide you with even better visuals. LG is becoming more innovative with time and tries to provide you with all the best features that can further double your enjoyment.
Out of all those features, including a built-in web browser that allows users to enjoy online content on their TV screens. But recently, many users encountered that their web browser was not working on an LG Smart TV. If you are also suffering from the same problem, then this article is for you. So don’t get late; let’s get started.
What is the role of the web browser on the LG Smart TV?
It is a feature that enhances your entertainment by streaming online content directly on your TV screens. It helps you enjoy internet-based services without the need for additional devices.
Reasons for Web Browser Issues on LG Smart TV
- Outdated version of the firmware: If your firmware is not up-to-date, it may lead to compatibility issues.
- Unstable Internet connection: An unstable internet connection may also cause the problem.
- Unclear Cache: Overly collected cache may also slow down the performance of the web browser.
- Software Glitches: Sometimes the software bugs also affect the performance of the web browser.
Verify the internet connection
Make sure that your LG smart TV is connected to a stable internet connection. To avoid the problem, turn off your internet connection for a few minutes, then restart.
If your TV’s firmware is outdated, you may face an issue with your web browser. In that case, make sure that your TV’s firmware is up-to-date for the optimal function of the Web browser. To update the firmware, follow these steps:
- First, select settings, then go to the all settings option.
- Now choose the support software update.
- Then check for updates.
- If available, then install them.
Clear Cache and Cookies
Clearing the cache and cookies on your TV may help resolve your problem and improve the web browser’s functionality.
Restart the LG Smart TV
Sometimes, a simple and quick restart may help you get rid of temporary bugs and glitches with your TV. To restart the TV, follow these steps:
- Close your LG Smart TV.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Now, restart your TV.
Temporarily disabling the VPN may also help to resolve your problem.
Factory Reset Your TV
Try a factory reset to return the LG Smart TV to its original settings and help eliminate any browser or settings-related issues. To perform a factory reset, follow these steps:
- With the help of your LG Magic remote, go to the home screen.
- Now tap on the settings and go to the all settings option.
- Then choose General > System.
- Select the reset to initial settings option and enter the password.
- Now, click on OK and confirm the restart.
Verify the website’s compatibility
Check that the website you are trying to open in your web browser is compatible with it or not. Certain websites have compatibility issues; in that case, there is no issue with your web browser.
Close unused apps on LG TV
When too many apps are running in the background, they may interfere with the performance of the web browser because they consume excessive RAM. In that case, close all the apps running in the background. To close the apps, follow these steps:
- Take your LG Magic remote and then press the Home button on it.
- Now click the X icon to close the apps in the recent app lists.
If none of the solutions work for you, then it’s time to contact LG customer support for further assistance.
- Update your TV’s firmware regularly.
- Clear the cache and cookies.
- Avoid visiting untrusted websites.
- Use a stable internet connection.
Extra Tips: Try to optimize your internet speed by placing your TV closer to the router and installing reliable antivirus software.
Why does the web browser freeze or crash frequently?
There are various reasons why your web browser crashes, such as an unstable internet connection, software glitches, stored cache & data, etc.
Can I install additional web browsers on my LG Smart TV?
No, you can’t install other browsers.