Tekken 7 is one of the most famous fighting games, but what happened when some players reported experiencing crashes while playing Tekken 7 on the Steam Deck? If you want to resolve this crashing problem, then this article is for you.
Don’t get late; let’s dive into it.
Causes of Tekken 7 Crashing on the Steam Deck
Before performing any troubleshooting techniques, first of all, we have to understand what the reason behind the issue is. So we can proceed with our troubleshooting guide according to the problem.
So, if the Tekken 7 game is crashing on your Steam Deck then any of these might be the reason:
- Outdated graphics drivers
- Excessive heat
- Compatibility issue.
- Background processes
- Missing game files
- Insufficient hardware requirements
Troubleshooting Techniques: Tekken 7 Crashing on the Steam Deck
Close the Game and Relaunch
Due to a temporary glitch in connectivity, sometimes Tekken 7 may fail to establish a good connection to its servers, resulting in the game not launching or freezing.
Closing the game and relaunching it may give the game a new or second chance to establish a connection to its servers– so it may sometimes resolve the crashing issue.
Solve Internet Issues
The most likely reason for games not running on the Steam Deck console is slow internet. Make sure you have stable and strong internet – if you are having trouble accessing or playing Tekken 7 on your console.
Reinsert the Micro SD Card
You can resolve your problem by reinserting the Micro SD Card on your deck and trying to run the game.
Reinitialize the DNS
It sounds quite extra, but you can also do this because some users may resolve their problem by changing the DNS settings.
To reinitialize the DNS settings, follow these steps:
- To open the power menu, hold the steam deck power button.
- Choose Switch to Desktop to switch over to the Linux desktop.
- Ensure that the Desktop version of Steam is running.
- Now, navigate to the Wi-Fi icon and click Configure network connection.
- Click on your current connection, and then choose IPv4.
- Now switch the method to manual.
- Now, enter the DNS separated by commas to match the Google DNS. (126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52)
- To modify the DNS, click on the edit icon.
- And now manage them from the window displays on the screen.
Update the Steam Deck
If you are using an outdated version of the Steam deck, that may also lead to the problem because outdated versions have bugs and glitches that affect the performance of the Steam deck. To update the steam deck, follow these steps:
- To open the sidebar, press the Steam button.
- Go to settings and search for the system.
- There is a yellow that will tell you if an update is available or not.
- If available, then update it.
Change Proton Version
To resolve your problem, try to change the proton version. To change the proton version, follow these steps:
- Choose your game.
- Now go to settings> properties > compatibility >
- Here you find proton experimental
- Press on it and select all the versions you can.
Reset the Steam Deck
To reset the Steam Deck, follow these steps:
- Tab on the Steam button to open the settings.
- In the system menu, scroll down to the factory reset button.
- Now you get back to the original state without it in your memory.
Update System Requirements
Ensure your Steam deck matches the essential system requirements for smooth performance.
Now we recommend a basic check where you try some simple troubleshooting techniques to solve your issue:
- Verify the compatibility of the Tekken 7 with the steam deck.
- Maintain sufficient storage.
- Check for a stable internet connection.
- Avoid overheating
- Check game files.
- Update the graphics drivers.
- Reinstall the game.
Contact Steam Deck Support
If the problem persists yet, then it’s time to contact Steam Deck support for further assistance.
- Keep the system updated
- Maintain an optimal temperature.
- Remove background apps.
- Backup saved games.
Tekken 7 crashing on the Steam deck can be irritating, but you can overcome your problem by following the right solutions and enjoying uninterrupted gameplay. Make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements, keep your drivers up-to-date, and remove unnecessary background processes.
If the crash still exists, it’s time to contact steam deck support for further assistance.
Visit https://help.steampowered.com/en/ to get in touch with the support team.