If your enjoyment has stopped in the middle due to Netflix Error Code Nw-6-404, then you’re at the right place.
The error is plaguing Mobile (Android, iPhone), Roku, Android TV, and many other technology users.
What is the Netflix Error Code Nw-6-404?
According to Netflix’s Official statement, error code Nw-6-404 is a cache-related error that generally occurs when the data on your device gets corrupted or overloaded and needs to be refreshed.
It prevents your device from reaching the Netflix service.
As officially stated, your first step should be to clear the data on your device. If this makes no change, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
Reasons Behind the Netflix Error Code Nw-6-404
Before solving the error code Nw-6-404, let’s examine its causes to precisely move forward with the problem-specific fix.
- Older Version of the App: An outdated version of your Netflix app could also be the source of the issue.
- Unreliable internet connectivity: The app may not work properly if there is poor internet connectivity.
- Compatibility Issues: Compatibility difficulties between the app and the device occasionally occur and have an impact on the app’s functionality.
- Server problem: The operation of the app may be impacted if Netflix’s server is undergoing maintenance or is experiencing outages.
- Your Device’s Firmware/Software: Older or outdated device software may lead to an issue performing the Netflix app. Need to check and update your device’s firmware.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix the Netflix Error Code Nw-6-404
Once you identify the possible cause, follow these troubleshooting techniques:
Update Netflix App
As our entertainment choices change with time, same as app developers also launch the latest version of the app to meet the recent requirements of the users. Also, the updated version fights bugs and glitches and enhances the user’s experience. To ensure that you are using the latest version of Netflix, follow these steps:
- Open your device’s App/Play store.
- Search Netflix to see if there are any updates available or not.
- If not, then you have the latest version of Netflix.
For other devices such as Smart TV, Roku, Android TV, Firestick, etc, search “How to update Netflix App “Your Device” in Google or your default browser”. Follow the official page to update the app.
Stabilize the Internet Connection
If you have an unstable internet connection, that may disrupt your experience while you are using Netflix. To check your internet connection, switch to other apps or websites to determine the stability of the connection.
Recommence your device
The simplest solution to conquering your problem is to recommence your device, where you only need to close it, wait for a while, and then reopen it. That’s it.
If you’re still one step away from your enjoyment, don’t worry; move forward to the next troubleshooting method.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Netflix app
As we all know, keeping things generally gets dusty as installed apps attract bugs and glitches, which may lead to errors as well as disrupt our enjoyment. To keep away from these errors, reinstall the app by following the steps:
- Uninstall the app from your device.
- Open App/Play Store
- Search for the Netflix app.
- Now, reinstall it.
Disable conflicting software (Ad-blocker or VPN)
Sometimes, other software (Ad-blocker or VPN) conflicts with Netflix because of security and blocking issues. So try to temporarily disable the Ad-blocker, antivirus, or other security software to solve the problem.
Check that your Android TV supports Netflix
If your TV can’t support the Netflix app, that may also lead to the error. In such a situation, make sure that your device supports Netflix.
Contact Netflix Support
If none of the solutions work for you, then it is time to contact Netflix’s customer support team for professional assistance.
Visit https://help.netflix.com/en/contactus to get in touch with Netflix support.
- Keep Netflix updated.
- Use trustworthy antivirus software.
- Maintain storage on your device.
- Free up your device regularly.
- Avoid using the public internet.
Why does the Netflix Error Code Nw-6-404 occur?
There can be various reasons why the Netflix Error Code Nw-6-404 occurs, such as compatibility issues, server issues, outdated software, and connectivity problems.
How can I contact the support team for the Netflix app?
You can visit https://help.netflix.com/en/contactus to contact Netflix’s customer support team. There, you will find options to call, chat, or email them.
Netflix Error Code Nw-6-404 may be irritating, but with the right solutions, you can overcome your problem. Remember to keep the Netflix app and your device’s software updated, free up your device space, and maintain sufficient storage on your device.
If the error still irritates you, then try to reach out to Netflix’s official support team. They will provide you with further guidance and solutions according to your issues.