If you are a book lover and dependent on Goodreads to fulfill your interests but are frustrated with the problem that your Goodreads app isn’t working properly, then you are not alone. Recently, many users have encountered issues with their Goodreads app and reported on online forums that it is not working properly.
Let’s see how you would troubleshoot issues with this app.
Goodreads App: It’s an app that’s all about books. Goodreads is a place where you can see what your friends are reading and vice versa. It provides you with a bunch of books in various categories, such as romantic, thrilling, adventurous, and self-help books.
Why is the GoodReads app not working?
If the Goodreads app suddenly becomes unresponsive, there could be a possibility that the app server is experiencing overload or some maintenance; You need to verify server health first. Other possible causes are listed below:
- Temporary Interruption – A temporary glitch can prevent the GoodReads app from connecting to its servers, the glitch can be caused by several reasons but a fresh start of the app can potentially resolve it.
- Outdated App Version- If the GoodReads app is not up-to-date, that may also cause the problem.
- Unstable internet connection– Weak/unstable internet connectivity can prevent the GoodReads app from properly functioning.
- Device Compatibility – Sometimes, the GoodReads app and device have compatibility issues that may affect the performance of the app.
- Stored Cache and App Data: Corrupted or overloaded cache and app data might conflict, resulting in the app not working.
Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve Issues with the Goodreads App
Check the Internet connection
If the internet connection is unstable or poor, switch to a different network or reset your router. To check the internet connection, you can turn on or off your device’s internet connection.
Install the latest version of the app
Check that you are using the latest version of the app because outdated versions have bugs that interrupt the app’s performance. To install the latest version of the app, follow these steps:
- Open the device’s App/Play store.
- Search for the Goodreads app.
- Check for updates.
- If updates are available, install them.
Accumulated temporary data, known as cache, may lead to glitches and affect the app’s performance. You should try to clear your browser’s cookies as well to resolve our problem. To clear the cache, follow these steps:
- Open the device’s settings.
- Navigate to the Apps option.
- Then tap on Manage apps.
- Now, search for the Goodreads app.
- Select storage, and at the bottom, you will find an option to clear data.
- Clear its cache and data.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on the general
- Tap on the iPhone storage
- Then, search for the Goodreads app.
- Now, offload the app.
- Clear its cache.
Uninstall and reinstall
If the problem persists, go for the reinstallation of the device, which may help you prevent bugs and glitches. To reinstall the device, follow these steps (Android/iPhone):
- Uninstall the app from your device.
- Open the App/Play Store
- Search for the Goodreads app.
- Now reinstall it.
Check the server’s health
If the server is on maintenance or experiencing any downtime, that may also lead to the unresponsiveness of the app. At that time, verify the server status first.
Visit https://downdetector.com/status/goodreads/ to check whether the Goodreads server is facing any issues.
Switch to a different device
To resolve the issue, Switch to a different device to know if it’s an app-specific problem or not. Some devices have compatibility issues that may interrupt the app’s performance.
Contact Goodreads Support
If the problem exists even after following the above solutions, it is time to contact Goodreads Customer Support for further assistance. Tell them your situation properly to get a specific solution.
To avoid issues with Goodreads in the future, consider these tips:
- Make sure your device is compatible with GoodReads.
- Keep your device and the app up-to-date.
- Use a stable internet connection.
How do I unlock other GoodReads members?
Go to the member’s profile page, and tap the More option (the three horizontal dots). Next, tap Unblock this member in the dropdown menu, and then tap Confirm.
Can books be removed from Goodreads?
Books cannot be removed from the Goodreads database.
Encountering a technical problem with Goodreads may lead to frustration, but you can overcome your problem with the right solutions, such as updating your app, ensuring your internet connectivity, clearing the cache, and reinstalling the app.
After following the above solutions, if you are still facing issues, try to contact Goodreads Customer Support for professional assistance and an in-depth solution according to your situation.