Summoners War, an RPG that captured the Summoners all around the world! Available on the Steam Store, can be a good choice for people who love RPG battle games. Many users have successfully installed and are playing Summoners War without having any issues, while many are troubled with crashing, freezing, or startup issues.
Here’s how you can resolve these issues with the Summoners War.
Why Is Summoners War Crashing, Freezing, or not launching/loading?
There can be several reasons why the Summoners War game may stop loading/launching, crashing, freezing, or proper startup –
- Corrupted game files
- Software conflict
- Outdated graphics driver
- Missing or corrupted system drivers
- Lack of administrative rights
- Firewall or antivirus software.
How to Fix Summoners War Crashing, Fatal Errors, and Startup Issues?
Basic Checks First
If you have just installed Summoners War and tried to launch it but started facing issues with the game, first, do some basic checks. Here are the steps to follow:
- Make sure your PC and the Summoners War game are up to date, this may cause compatibility issues, resulting in the game crashing on your PC.
- Disable Windows Firewall– your firewall software may block some game files resulting in a fatal error when starting the Summoners War game.
- Restart your PC and relaunch Summoners War – this helps resolve temporary software glitches with the connectivity.
- Disable Antivirus– Like a firewall, your antivirus software may also block certain game files and cause the Summoners War game to not load properly.
Make Sure Your Device Meets the Minimum Requirements
Ensure your system meets the minimum requirements to run and play the Summoners War game.
Minimum System Requirements (Windows)
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: windows10 (64bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i3
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 460 or higher
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 10 GB available space
- Sound Card: Onboard Audio or higher
Install Pending Updates For Your PC (Windows)
If your PC has outdated software and drivers, you may face issues – it can cause issues with Summoners War, resulting in game crashes, start-up issues, or fatal errors. Consider installing all pending updates on your PC– Summoners War requires the latest versions of drivers and support software to run properly.
- Open Windows Settings.
- Click on “Windows Update” and then “Check for Updates.”
- There can be one or more updates for your PC, download and install all of them.
- Relaunch Summoners War and see if it starts without the previous issues.
Open Summoners War With Administrator Privileges
Summoners War may require administrator rights to run on your PC – this may be a solution to resolve crashing or fatal errors.
- Open the Steam library, right-click Summoners War, and select Properties.
- Click the “Installed Files” option and then the “Browse” button to open the game directory.
- Next, right-click on the .exe file of the Summoners War game and select “Properties.”
- From the Compatibility tab, tick the checkbox next to the “Run this program as an administrator” option.
- Click on “Apply” and launch Summoners War.
Verify Game Files
Corrupted game files might cause crashing, loading, launching, or opening problems- verifying and repairing corrupted game files can solve the crashing and loading problem and help Summoners War run smoothly.
- Open the Steam Library.
- Right-click Summoners War and select “Properties.”
- Click on the “Local Files” option and select the “Verify integrity of game files…” option.
- Wait while Steam validates Summoners War files.
- After completing the process, re-launch Summoners War to see if you can play it properly.
Reinstall Summoners War
If all fails, and the game “Summoners War” is still crashing or refusing to load on your system, delete the installed version and install the newer version of the game.
Wait for the New Patch
Game developers generally release a patch note to resolve the known issues and bugs with Summoners War such as crashing, loading, or fatal errors.
For now, if you have done everything but the problem remains untouched, you can go with two options – Update Summoners War or contact game support.