News: Star Conflict – The Fire of Love, is a DLC of Star Conflict developed by “Star Gem Inc.” and published by “Gaijin Distribution KFT”. The Star Conflict is an Action, Massively Multiplayer, Simulation, Free-to-play game with thousands of positive reviews on Steam. The pack includes access to additional rewards in the event “UMC archives: Fre of love”, upon receipt, the next level is immediately unlocked and all rewards of the unlocked levels are available, and 7 days of premium license.
The developers have tried to make Star Conflict – The Fire of Love interesting and playable for all users, but, some players are reporting on various forums and Reddit that the game is crashing, not launching, or freezing on start-up.
If you are also plagued with such issues with the Star Conflict – The Fire of Love, then stick with this guide – here you will know why this is happening and how to solve it.
Why is “Star Conflict – The Fire of Love” crashing, freezing, or not launching/opening on StartUp?
Several culprits can be considered for Star Conflict – The fire of love to crash or freeze on your device, including– a temporary glitch, missing or corrupted game files, software conflict, pending updates for your PC (Device), an older version of the graphics driver, some missing or corrupted system drivers, lack of administrative rights, security software such as firewall or antivirus, or unknown bug from developers.
Troubleshoot Star Conflict – The fire of love Crashing, Freezing, Not Launching, or Startup Issues
Close Star Conflict – The fire of love, Reboot Your Device, and Relaunch the Game
If Star Conflict – The Fire of Love is crashing, freezing, or not launching on startup then this is the first step you should try: simply close the game, restart your device (PC, PS5, Deck, etc.), and relaunch the game – Sometimes, the problem is only temporary that requires just a fresh start.
Update Your Device’s Firmware and the Game
If providing a fresh start does not help resolve the issue, check if your device’s firmware and Star Conflict – The Fire of Love are running on their latest version – older versions may cause compatibility issues, resulting in game crashes. It may happen, or it may freeze.
Disable Windows Firewall
Due to certain security privileges, your system security software like a Firewall may block certain game files resulting in a fatal error when starting the Star Conflict – The Fire of Love game – disabling the Firewall before launching the game can prevent such issues.
Disable Antivirus Software
Disable your Antivirus (Windows PC)– just like the firewall, if you have antivirus software (e.g. Norton, McAfee, etc) installed on your device, it may also block certain game files, resulting in Star Conflict – The Fire of Love failing to launch or crashing.
Check If Your Device Meets the Minimum Requirements
To prevent crashes or startup problems with Star Conflict – The Fire of Love, it is very important to run the game on a system with at least the minimum requirements– if your system fails to meet the minimum requirements, the game may crash or freeze on startup.
Here are the Minimum Requirements
- OS *: Windows 7 (* Starting January 1st, 2024, the Steam Client will only support Windows 10 and later versions.)
- Processor: 2.3 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo / 2.5 GHz, AMD A6-9220
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Video Card: 512 MB, NVidia / AMD Radeon / Intel (HD 3000, HD 4000) with support for Pixel Shader 3.0 (AMD Radeon X1000 not supported)
- Hard Disk Space: 8.5 GB
- Additional: Broadband Internet connection
* Starting February 15, 2024, the Steam Client will no longer support 32-bit games or macOS 10.14 or lower.
Update Your PC (Windows)
If you are trying to play Star Conflict – The Fire of Love on your Windows PC then make sure that your PC is updated: pending updates for your PC can be another possible reason for Star Conflict – The Fire of Love to crash or freeze.
- Open Windows Settings.
- On the Settings screen, click on “Windows Update” and then “Check for Updates.”
- See if One or more pending updates are available and download and install them.
- Relaunch Star Conflict – The Fire of Love and see if it starts without the previous issues.
Launch Star Conflict – The fire of love as an Administrator
Some players on Reddit, have discussed that running Star Conflict – The Fire of Love as an administrator has helped them resolve crashing or startup issues.
- Access your Steam library and right-click Star Conflict – The Fire of Love > select Properties > Installed Files.
- Click the “Browse” button.
- Next, right-click on the .exe file of the Star Conflict – The Fire of Love game and select “Properties.”
- Go to Compatibility > click the checkbox next to the option- “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Click on “Apply” and launch Star Conflict – The Fire of Love.
Verify Game Files (Steam Client)
Star Conflict – The Lire of Love game files may be corrupted or missing during installation, and corrupted or missing game files may cause loading, launching, crashing, or opening problems– verify and repair such files to prevent such problems.
- Open your Steam Library > right-click Star Conflict – The Fire of Love and click on “Properties” from the options.
- Go to Local Files > “Verify integrity of game files…” option.
- Wait for a while for the process to complete and after the process is complete, launch Star Conflict – The Fire of Love again.
Disable Steam Overlay
- Open your Steam Library and Right-click on Star Conflict – The fire of love.
- Select Properties and Go to the General section.
- Uncheck the “Enable Steam Overlay while in-game” checkbox.
- Return to your game Library and relaunch Star Conflict – The Fire of Love to check for the not launching issue.
Launch the Game in Windowed Mode (Steam)
- Open the Steam Library > right-click on Star Conflict – The Fire of Love and Select Properties.
- Go to General > click on Set Launch Options.
- Copy & paste the following command-line argument:
- Next, save the changes and launch the Star Conflict – The fire of love again.
Close Background Programs (Windows)
Running multiple programs in the background may consume more resources, preventing Star Conflict – The Fire of Love from launching smoothly– closing such interfering programs might help resolve freezing or startup issues with the game. Identify and close the interfering programs one by one and launch the game to see which one is causing the issue with the “Star Conflict – The Fire of Love”.
- Open Task Manager and select a task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task.
- Launch Star Conflict – The fire of love to see if that program was the culprit.
Note: Perform the same steps with another program to check if that is the culprit.
Perform A Clean Boot
Clean boot is a process to allows the minimum set of drivers and services to your Windows PC: by performing a clean boot, you can identify if any background programs were interfering with Star Conflict – The Fire of Love and causing the crashing issue.
Once you’ve identified the culprit, you can close that program to see if the startup problems with Star Conflict – The Fire of Love are resolved.
Delete Star Conflict – The Lire of Love and Install it Again
If all of the above methods are not able to make any changes to the situation, the problem may be with the installed game files– delete Star Conflict – The Fire of Love and reinstall it from the Steam Store, this should solve the problems with the game.
Verify Game Servers
If the load on the game’s servers reaches its peak, users may face crashing or freezing issues with Star Conflict – The Fire of Love– confirm the exact situation, wait, and try again after some time.
Wait for the New Update
The installed version of Star Conflict – The Fire of Love can contain some unknown bugs or issues. If this is the case, you may see a new patch note from the developers of Star Conflict – The Fire of Love: with this new patch, known issues and bugs like crashes, loading, or fatal errors might be resolved.
Keep your eyes on Star Conflict – The Fire of Love’s official social media pages or contact game support.