News: Ubisoft Co-op has introduced Skull and Bones Open Beta for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X/S users, ready to get from the Epic Store, and can be a great choice for players who love to become pirates and make their group of followers. Do you love such types of games, get ready to set sail in Skull and Bones to carve your name into the list of the most feared pirate captains. Users have started enjoying this game, but some have reported Network / Communication errors with the game on various forums and social media platforms like Reddit.
If you are also facing such errors with Skull and Bones Open Beta, here are the steps that can prevent these issues and help you play the game hassle-free.
How to Fix Skull and Bones Open Beta Network / Communication Errors?
Network or Communication errors with Skull and Bones Open Beta can arise due to a temporary glitch, slow/unstable internet, or outage with the game server. However, outdated game or device software can also prevent Skull and Bones Open Beta from communicating with its servers.
Perform Basic Steps
- Restart your device and relaunch the game– this is the very first step that you may try if you are facing Network or Communication errors with Skull and Bones Open Beta: just close the game and restart your device (Console or PC).
- Along with the above step, also check if your device and Skull & Bones Open Beta are running on their latest version: older versions may cause compatibility issues, which may result in the game failing to communicate with the servers.
- Disable Windows Firewall (PC Users)– Inbuilt system security software like your firewall may block certain game files resulting in the game failing to establish a connection with the servers.
- Disable your Antivirus (Windows PC)– Your antivirus software may also block certain game files, resulting in Skull and Bones Open Beta failing to launch or communicate to its server.
If these steps don’t make any changes to the situation, try the following steps:
Update the Game
An older version of Skull & Bones Open Beta may also cause communication errors. Update the game from the Epic Games Launcher or Ubisoft Connect and see if that helps resolve the issue.
Epic Games Launcher
- Open Epic Launcher > Go to Library > Find Skull and Bones Open Beta.
- Click the three-dots icon on your game > Enable auto-update.
- If you see an update for the game, click Update.
- Reboot your device and relaunch the game.
- Open Ubisoft Connect > Navigate to the Games.
- Find Skull and Bones Open Beta.
- If an update is available, it will be indicated on the game tile.
- Click the game and press the Update option to start the process.
Change DNS Settings
- Press Win + X and select Network Connections.
- Select Advanced network settings and go to More network adapter options.
- Right-click your active network connection (usually Wi-Fi or Ethernet) and select “Properties.”
- Next, select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and click “Properties.”
- Click “Use the following DNS server addresses” and enter public DNS server addresses (e.g., 220.127.116.11 for primary and 18.104.22.168 for secondary).
- Click “OK” to save the changes.
Use Port Forwarding
Consult your router’s manual or Skull and Bones support for specific port numbers and change it from your router settings.