News: Get ready to set sail in Skull and Bones to carve your name into the list of the most feared pirate captains. Ubisoft Co-op has introduced this amazing game for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X/S users, which is ready to get from the Epic Store. PC users have started enjoying this game, but, some are reporting that the game is crashing, not launching, or getting fatal errors on start-up.
If you also start experiencing problems with Skull and Bones Open Beta such as the game crashing, freezing, or not launching, then stick with this guide – here you will know why this is happening And how to solve it.
Why is “Skull and Bones Open Beta” Crashing, freezing, or not launching/opening?
There can be several culprits for Skull and Bones Open Beta to crash or freeze on your device, including–
- a temporary issue
- corrupted game files
- software conflict
- pending updates
- outdated graphics driver
- Missing or corrupted system drivers
- lack of administrative rights
- Security software such as firewall or antivirus.
- Unknown bug from developers.
Fix Skull and Bones Open Beta Crashing, Freezing, Not Launching, or Startup Issues
Perform Basic Hacks
Before moving on to any other steps, take some basic steps that can solve such issues and let you play Skull and Bones Open Beta.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Close and restart– this is the very first step that you may try if Skull and Bones Open Beta is crashing: just close the game and restart your device (Windows PC): sometimes, the problem may be caused by a temporary glitch that requires a fresh start to resolve.
- If this doesn’t help, check if your device and Skull and Bones Open Beta are running on their newest version: older versions may cause compatibility issues, resulting in the game crashing.
- Disable Windows Firewall (PC Users)– System security software like your firewall may block certain game files resulting in a fatal error when starting the Skull and Bones Open Beta game.
- Disable your Antivirus (Windows PC)– Similar to a firewall, if you have antivirus software installed on your device, it may also block certain game files, resulting in Skull and Bones Open Beta failing to launch. It may also prevent you from accessing certain in-game features.
If you’ve checked these, but the Skull and Bones Open Beta game is still crashing, follow the steps below.
Check If Your Device Meets the Minimum Requirements
Along with restarting your device and relaunching Skull and Bones Open Beta, it is also very important to run the game on a system with minimum requirements: if your system fails to meet the minimum requirements, the game may crash, freeze, or won’t launch.
Here are the Minimum Requirements
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel i7 4790 AMD Ryzen5 1600
- Memory: 8 GB dual channel
- Storage: 65 GB SSD
- Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB or AMD RX 570 8GB
- Login Accounts Required: Ubisoft
Update Your PC (Windows)
If you are trying to play Skull and Bones Open Beta on your Windows PC then make sure that your PC is updated: Pending updates for your PC can be another possible reason for Skull and Bones Open Beta to crash or freeze. Check and install all available updates for your PC.
- Open Windows Settings.
- From the Settings screen, click on “Windows Update” and then “Check for Updates.”
- See if One or more pending updates are available for your PC and download and install them.
- Relaunch the Skull and Bones Open Beta and see if it starts without the previous issues.
Open the Game With Administrator Rights
Some players on Reddit, have discussed that running Skull and Bones Open Beta as an administrator has helped them resolve crashing or startup issues.
- Go to the installed location of the game and expand the folder to find the .exe game file.
- Next, right-click on the .exe file of the Skull and Bones Open Beta game and select “Properties.”
- Go to Compatibility > “Run this program as an administrator” option and click the checkbox next to it.
- Click on “Apply” and launch Skull and Bones Open Beta.
Disable Overlays While Playing Skull and Bones
Some apps provide in-game overlay features for certain games that help users stream, chat, monitor their system, or enhance their UI while playing a game. Although these are very useful and great features, sometimes they can interfere with game performance and result in the game crashing, freezing, or not loading.
So, if you are experiencing Crashing, Freezing, or Not Launching issues while playing Skull and Bones Open Beta, consider disabling overlays, such as Discord overlay, Nvidia or AMD overlay, etc.
Verify Game Files
- Start Ubisoft Connect.
- Games tab > Select Skull and Bones > Choose “Properties” in the menu.
- Under Local files choose Verify files.
- Wait while Ubisoft Connect does its job.
- If prompted, select Repair.
Epic Game Store
- Open the EGS launcher > Skull and Bones > Click on the three-dot icon.
- Select “Manage” in the drop-down menu > Click the “VERIFY” button.
- Allow it to verify files.
Close Background Programs (Windows)
Running multiple background programs may consume more space and resources preventing Skull and Bones Open Beta from launching smoothly – close the programs one by one and launch the game to see which one is causing the issue.
- Open Task Manager and select a task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task.
- Launch Skull and Bones Open Beta to see if that program was the culprit.
Note: If this makes no change, perform the same steps with another program to find the culprit. And if this doesn’t help, try the next fix.
Perform A Clean Boot
A clean boot allows the minimum set of drivers and services to run your Windows PC: by performing a clean boot, you will identify if any background programs were interfering with Skull and Bones Open Beta and causing the crashing issue.
Reinstall the GameReinstall the Game
If all the above methods are not able to make any changes to the situation, reinstalling Skull and Bones Open Beta should be your next step.
The new version of the game “Skull and Bones Open Beta” can help solve the problems that were in its previous version – uninstall the installed one and reinstall the new version.
Wait for the New Update
The installed version of Skull and Bones Open Beta can contain some unknown bugs or issues. If this is the case, you may see a new patch note from the developers of Skull and Bones Open Beta: with this new patch, known issues and bugs like crashes, loading, or fatal errors might be resolved.
Keep your eyes on Skull and Bones Open Beta’s official social media pages or contact game support.