News: Sheepy: A Short Adventure, developed and published by MrSuicideSheep, is an Adventure, Casual, Indie, and free-to-play game available on the Steam Store. You can start enjoying this game and dive into the adventure by exploring the forgotten and broken world. Since its release, many users have started enjoying Sheepy: A Short Adventure, but, some are reporting that the game is crashing, not launching, or getting fatal errors on start-up.
If you also start experiencing problems with Sheepie: A Short Adventure such as the game crashing, freezing, or not launching, then stick with this guide – here you will know why this is happening And how to solve it.
Why is “Sheepie: A Short Adventure” crashing, freezing, or not launching/opening?
There can be several culprits for Sheepy: A Short Adventure to crash or freeze on your device, including–
- a temporary issue
- corrupted game files
- software conflict
- pending updates
- outdated graphics driver
- Missing or corrupted system drivers
- lack of administrative rights
- Security software such as firewall or antivirus.
- Unknown bug from developers.
Fix Sheepie: A Short Adventure Crashing, Freezing, Not Launching, or Startup Issues
Check If Your Device Meets the Minimum Requirements
Before moving on to any other steps, take some basic steps that can solve such issues and let you play Sheepy: A Short Adventure.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Close and restart– this is the very first step that you may try if Sheepy: A Short Adventure is crashing: just close the game and restart your device (PC, PS5, Steam Deck, etc): sometimes, the problem may be caused by a temporary glitch that requires a fresh start to resolve.
- If this doesn’t help, check if your device and the Sheepy: A Short Adventure are running on their newest version: older versions may cause compatibility issues, resulting in the game crashing.
- Disable Windows Firewall (PC Users)– System security software like your firewall may block certain game files resulting in a fatal error when starting the Sheepy: A Short Adventure game.
- Disable your Antivirus (Windows PC)– Similar to a firewall, if you have antivirus software installed on your device, it may also block certain game files, resulting in Sheepy: A Short Adventure failing to launch. It may also prevent you from accessing certain in-game features.
If you’ve checked these, but the Sheepy: A Short Adventure game is still crashing, follow the steps below.
Check If Your Device Meets the Minimum Requirements
Along with restarting your device and relaunching Sheepy: A Short Adventure, it is also very important to run the game on a system with minimum requirements: if your system fails to meet the minimum requirements, the game may crash, freeze, or won’t launch.
Here are the Minimum Requirements
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS *: Windows 7 or newer (* From the start of January 1st, 2024, the Steam Client will only support Windows 10 and later versions.)
- Processor: Intel Core i3 M380
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD 4000
- Storage: 2 GB available space
Update Your PC (Windows)
If you are trying to play Sheepy: A Short Adventure on your Windows PC then make sure that your PC is updated: Pending updates for your PC can be another possible reason for Sheepy: A Short Adventure to crash or freeze. Check and install all available updates for your PC.
- Open Windows Settings.
- From the Settings screen, click on “Windows Update” and then “Check for Updates.”
- See if One or more pending updates are available for your PC and download and install them.
- Relaunch the Sheepy: A Short Adventure and see if it starts without the previous issues.
Open Sheepy: A Short Adventure With Administrator Rights
Some players on Reddit, have discussed that running Sheepy: A Short Adventure as an administrator has helped them resolve crashing or startup issues.
- From your Steam library, right-click Sheepy: A Short Adventure, and select Properties > Installed Files.
- Click the “Browse” button to open the game directory.
- Next, right-click on the .exe file of the Sheepy: A Short Adventure game and select “Properties.”
- Go to Compatibility > “Run this program as an administrator” option and click the checkbox next to it.
- Click on “Apply” and launch Sheepy: A Short Adventure.
Verify Game Files (Steam Client)
Corrupted game files might also cause loading, launching, crashing, or opening issues: verify and repair corrupted Sheepy: A Short Adventure game files.
- Open your Steam Library.
- Right-click Sheepy: A Short Adventure and click on “Properties” from the appeared options.
- Go to > Local Files > “Verify integrity of game files…” option.
- Wait for the Sheepy: A Short Adventure files to be verified by Steam.
- After completing the process, re-launch Sheepy: A Short Adventure.
Disable Steam Overlay
- Open your Steam Library and Right-click on Sheepy: A Short Adventure.
- Select Properties and Go to the General section.
- Uncheck the “Enable Steam Overlay while in-game” checkbox.
- Return to your game Library and relaunch Sheepy: A Short Adventure to check for the not launching issue.
Launch the Game in Windowed Mode (Steam)
- Open the Steam Library.
- Right-click on Sheepy: A Short Adventure and Select Properties.
- Go to General > click on Set Launch Options.
- Now, copy & paste the following command-line argument:
- Next, save the changes and relaunch Sheepy: A Short Adventure.
Close Background Programs (Windows)
Running multiple background programs may consume more space and resources preventing Sheepy: A Short Adventure from launching smoothly – close the programs one by one and launch the game to see which one is causing the issue.
- Open Task Manager and select a task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task.
- Launch Sheepy: A Short Adventure to see if that program was the culprit.
Note: If this makes no change, perform the same steps with another program to find the culprit. And if this doesn’t help, try the next fix.
Perform A Clean Boot
A clean boot allows the minimum set of drivers and services to run your Windows PC: by performing a clean boot, you will identify if any background programs were interfering with Sheepy: A Short Adventure and causing the crashing issue.
Reinstall the Game
If all the above methods are not able to make any changes to the situation, reinstalling Sheepy: A Short Adventure should be your next step.
The new version of the game “Sheepy: A Short Adventure” can help solve the problems that were in its previous version – uninstall the installed one and reinstall the new version.
Wait for the New Update
It may happen that the installed version of Sheepy: A Short Adventure contains some unknown bugs or issues. If this is the case, you may see a new patch note from the developers of Sheepy: A Short Adventure: with this new patch, known issues and bugs like crashes, loading, or fatal errors might be resolved.
Keep your eyes on Sheepy: A Short Adventure’s official social media pages or contact game support.