Metal Slug XX, developed and published by SNK CORPORATION, is an Action game. You can get it on your system via the Steam Store and start entering the world of action. While many users are enjoying this action game, some are reporting that the game is crashing, not launching, or throwing fatal errors on start-up.
Here’s how you can resolve these issues with the Metal Slug XX.
Why is “Metal Slug XX” crashing, freezing, or having startup issues?
Metal Slug XX game might be crashing freezing or refusing to load/launch due to these –
- Corrupted game files
- Software conflict
- Pending Windows updates
- Outdated graphics driver
- Missing or corrupted system drivers
- Lack of administrative rights
- Firewall or antivirus protection software.
How to Fix Metal Slug XX Crashing on PC, Fatal Errors, and Startup Issues?
Perform Some Basic Checks First
If you have just installed Metal Slug XX and tried to launch it but started facing issues with the game, first, do some basic checks. Here are the steps to follow:
- Make sure your PC and the Metal Slug XX game are up to date, this may cause compatibility issues, resulting in the game crashing on your PC.
- Disable Windows Firewall– your firewall software may block some game files resulting in a fatal error when starting the Metal Slug XX game.
- Restart your PC and relaunch Metal Slug XX – this helps resolve temporary software glitches with the connectivity.
- Disable Antivirus– Like a firewall, your antivirus software may also block certain game files and cause the Metal Slug XX game to not load properly.
Make Sure Your Device Meets the Minimum Requirements
If Metal Slug XX is crashing on your device, it means that the device is lacking somewhere to meet the minimum requirements to run the game smoothly. The first thing to confirm is that your system meets the minimum requirements to run and play the Metal Slug XX game.
Here are the Minimum Requirements (Windows)
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS *: Win 7, 8.1, 10 (*From January 1st, 2024, the Steam Client will only support Windows 10 and later versions)
- Required Processor: Intel: 4th Generation Core i3 Haswell or newer, AMD: A6-5400K Trinity
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Required Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 500, Radeon HD 7000 or newer, GTX 560 or newer.
- Additional Notes: OpenGL 4.4.
Install Pending Updates For Your PC (Windows)
Pending updates for your PC are another possible cause of Metal Slug XX crashing. Consider installing all pending updates on your PC – Metal Slug XX requires the latest versions of drivers and other supported software to run properly.
- Open Windows Settings.
- Click on “Windows Update” and then “Check for Updates.”
- There can be one or more updates for your PC, download and install them.
- Relaunch Metal Slug XX and see if it starts without the previous issues.
Launch Metal Slug XX With Administrator Rights
Metal Slug XX may require administrator rights to run on your PC – this might be a solution to resolve crashing or Startup issues.
- Open the Steam library, right-click Metal Slug XX, and select Properties.
- Look for the “Installed Files” option and click on it, then click the “Browse” button to open the game directory.
- Next, right-click on the .exe file of the Metal Slug XX game and select “Properties.”
- Under the Compatibility tab, look for the “Run this program as an administrator” option and click the checkbox next to it.
- Click on “Apply” and launch Metal Slug XX.
Verify Game Files
Corrupted game files might have been installed, and caused loading, launching, or opening problems- verifying and repairing corrupted game files can solve the freezing and loading problem and help Metal Slug XX run smoothly.
- Open the Steam Library.
- Right-click Metal Slug XX and select “Properties.”
- Under the “Local Files” option, select the “Verify integrity of game files…” option.
- Wait for the Metal Slug XX files to be verified by Steam.
- After completing the process, re-launch Metal Slug XX.
Disable Steam Overlay
Open the Steam client > Go to Library > Right-click on Metal Slug XX > Select Properties > Go to the General section > uncheck the Enable Steam Overlay checkbox.
Return to the Library and relaunch Metal Slug XX to check for the not launching issue.
Launch the Game in Windowed Mode (Steam)
- Open the Steam Library.
- Right-click on Metal Slug XX > Select Properties.
- From the General section, click on Set Launch Options.
- Next, copy & paste the following command-line argument:
- Now, save the changes and try running the game again to check if Metal Slug XX launching properly or not.
Close Background Programs
Running background programs may interfere with Metal Slug XX, preventing the game from launching smoothly – close programs one by one and launch the game to see what software/program is interfering with Metal Slug XX.
- Open Task Manager.
- From the list of running programs, select a task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task.
- Launch Metal Slug XX to see if that program was the culprit.
Note: If the problem persists, perform the same steps with another program.
Reinstall Metal Slug XX
If all fails, and the game “Metal Slug XX” is still crashing or refusing to load on your system, install the newer version of the game.
A fresh installation of the Metal Slug XX might help resolve issues with the previous version – this will install a newer version of the game.
Wait for the New Patch
Game developers may release a patch note to resolve Metal Slug XX’s known issues and bugs such as crashing, loading, or fatal errors – wait and install it when the update launches.
For now, if nothing helps to resolve your issue, you can go with two options- update Metal Slug XX or contact game support.