News: Magic Runes, developed and published by “Hardi”, is an Action, Adventure, Casual, Indie game. While enjoying this game, you will have to complete the dangerous adventures on a mysterious island full of ancient dinosaurs. The developers have made Magic Runes interesting and playable for players, but some have reported low FPS and stuttering issues with the game on various forums and social media platforms like Reddit.
If you are also facing low fps and stuttering issues with Magic Runes, here are the steps that can prevent these issues and help you play the game hassle-free.
Causes for Low FPS and Stuttering Issues With Magic Runes
If you are experiencing FPS lag or stuttering issues with Magic Runes, any of the following could be the culprit, including-
- Your device fails to meet the minimum system requirements.
- Outdated graphics drivers.
- Display mode settings are affecting performance.
- User Account Control privilege issues.
- Low resources for the game due to background programs.
- Unoptimized video settings.
How to Fix Low FPS and Stuttering Issues with the Magic Runes?
If you start getting performance issues like low FPS or stuttering issues with Magic Runes, try these steps and resolve the issue to play the game seamlessly:
Install Pending Updates for Your Graphic Drivers
Outdated graphic drivers can be considered, one of the main causes of FPS lag and stuttering issues with Magic Runes.
Follow these two simple steps to update your graphic driver (Windows):
- Open Device Manager by typing “Device Manager” in your Windows search bar and clicking on the first appeared app from the list.
- Once the device manager is opened, click on the “Display Adapters” option from the list and expand the option. Now, select the desired Graphic driver that you want to update (Some people have more than one graphic driver), right-click, and select “Update Driver”.
Check If Your Device Meets The Minimum System Requirements
In general, if your device fails to meet the minimum system requirements to run Magic Runes, you may notice low FPS or stuttering issues in the game. So make sure that your device complies with all the system requirements that the Magic Runes game requires to play.
Here are the Minimum Requirements
- OS: Windows 10/11
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 (2*1866) or equivalent
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce 7600 GS (512 MB) or equivalent
- Storage: 1 GB available space
Disable Steam Overlay
Disabling Steam Overlay is another possible solution to bypass FPS lag and the stuttering problems with Magic Runes. So, if you’ve enabled this and started encountering FPS issues, try disabling it for the Magic Runes and see if that helps. Consider these steps to do this:
- Open Steam Library.
- Find Magic Runes, right-click on it, and click on “Properties.”
- Visit the “GENERAL” tab, and uncheck the box next to the text- “Enable Steam Overlay while in-game.”
- Launch Magic Runes and see if the above steps helped or not.
Launch Magic Runes With Administrator Rights
Launching Magic Runes with administrator rights can solve the issues- the game may require administrator rights to run on your device.
- Open the Steam library, right-click Magic Runes, and select Properties.
- From the options, click on the “Installed Files”, then click the “Browse” button to open the game directory.
- Next, right-click on the .exe file of the Magic Runes game and select “Properties.”
- From the Compatibility tab, click on the checkbox next to this option- “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Click on “Apply” and launch Magic Runes.
Set Magic Runes to High Priority
Magic Runes might be set on low priority, but setting the game to a higher priority can improve the framerate in the game– when you do this, your system starts prioritizing the game and allocates more resources to it.
Here’s how to set it:
- Launch Magic Runes.
- While in-game, open Task Manager (Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys at the same time).
- From the Details tab, find the main process of Magic Runes.
- Right-click Magic Runes, hover your mouse on “Set priority” and select High.
- Launch Magic Runes.
Manually Limiting Your Framerate
By manually limiting the framerate, some users have solved the low FPS issue with Magic Runes -to increase the overall smoothness of your gaming experience, you can also consider this step.
Change In-Game Settings
To deal with FPS and stuttering issues with Magic Runes, consider in-game settings such as reducing resolution & texture quality, switching between the display modes, switching to the auto settings option for Video, and other graphical options.