Idle Plant Game, developed and published by FootoftheHare, is a Casual, Simulation game. You can get it on your system via the Steam Store and start enjoying it. While many users have already started enjoying the Idle Plant Game, some are reporting that the game is crashing, not launching, or throwing fatal errors on start-up.
Here’s how you can resolve these issues with the Idle Plant Game.
Why is “Idle Plant Game” crashing, freezing, or having startup issues?
Idle Plant Game game might be crashing freezing or refusing to load/launch due to these –
- Corrupted game files
- Software conflict
- Pending Windows updates
- Outdated graphics driver
- Missing or corrupted system drivers
- Lack of administrative rights
- Firewall or antivirus protection software.
How to Fix Idle Plant Game Crashing on PC, Fatal Errors, and Startup Issues?
Perform Some Basic Checks First
If you have just installed Idle Plant Game and tried to launch it but started facing issues with the game, first, do some basic checks. Here are the steps to follow:
- Make sure your PC and the Idle Plant Game game are up to date, this may cause compatibility issues, resulting in the game crashing on your PC.
- Disable Windows Firewall– your firewall software may block some game files resulting in a fatal error when starting the Idle Plant Game game.
- Restart your PC and relaunch Idle Plant Game – this helps resolve temporary software glitches with the connectivity.
- Disable Antivirus– Like a firewall, your antivirus software may also block certain game files and cause the Idle Plant Game game to not load properly.
Make Sure Your Device Meets the Minimum Requirements
If Idle Plant Game is crashing on your device, it means that the device is lacking somewhere to meet the minimum requirements to run the game smoothly. The first thing to confirm is that your system meets the minimum requirements to run and play the Idle Plant Game game.
Here are the Minimum Requirements (Windows)
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or equivalent
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
- Storage: 300 MB available space.
Install Pending Updates For Your PC (Windows)
Pending updates for your PC are another possible cause of the Idle Plant Game crashing. Consider installing all pending updates on your PC – Idle Plant Game requires the latest versions of drivers and other supported software to run properly.
- Open Windows Settings.
- Click on “Windows Update” and then “Check for Updates.”
- There can be one or more updates for your PC, download and install them.
- Relaunch the Idle Plant Game and see if it starts without the previous issues.
Launch Idle Plant Game With Administrator Rights
Idle Plant Game may require administrator rights to run on your PC – this might be a solution to resolve crashing or Startup issues.
- Open the Steam library, right-click Idle Plant Game, and select Properties.
- Look for the “Installed Files” option and click on it, then click the “Browse” button to open the game directory.
- Next, right-click on the .exe file of the Idle Plant Game game and select “Properties.”
- Under the Compatibility tab, look for the “Run this program as an administrator” option and click the checkbox next to it.
- Click on “Apply” and launch the Idle Plant Game.
Verify Game Files
Corrupted game files might have been installed, and caused loading, launching, or opening problems- verifying and repairing corrupted Idle Plant Game files can solve the freezing and loading problem and help the game run smoothly.
- Open the Steam Library.
- Right-click Idle Plant Game and select “Properties.”
- Under the “Local Files” option, select the “Verify integrity of game files…” option.
- Wait for the Idle Plant Game files to be verified by Steam.
- After completing the process, re-launch the Idle Plant Game.
Disable Steam Overlay
Open the Steam client > Go to Library > Right-click on Idle Plant Game > Select Properties > Go to the General section > uncheck the Enable Steam Overlay checkbox.
Return to the Library and relaunch Idle Plant Game to check for the not launching issue.
Launch the Game in Windowed Mode (Steam)
- Open the Steam Library.
- Right-click on Idle Plant Game > Select Properties.
- From the General section, click on Set Launch Options.
- Next, copy & paste the following command-line argument:
- Now, save the changes and try running the game again to check if the Idle Plant Game launching properly or not.
Close Background Programs
Running background programs may interfere with the Idle Plant Game, preventing the game from launching smoothly – close programs one by one and launch the game to see what software/program is interfering with the game.
- Open Task Manager.
- From the list of running programs, select a task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task.
- Launch the Idle Plant Game to see if that program was the culprit.
Note: If the problem persists, perform the same steps with another program.
Reinstall Idle Plant Game
If all fails, and the game “Idle Plant Game” is still crashing or refusing to load on your system, install the newer version of the game.
A fresh installation of the Idle Plant Game might help resolve issues with the previous version – this will install a newer version of the game.
Wait for the New Patch
Game developers may release a patch note to resolve Idle Plant Game’s known issues and bugs such as crashing, loading, or fatal errors – wait and install it when the update launches.
For now, if nothing helps to resolve your issue, you can go with two options- update Idle Plant Game or contact game support.