News: Developer “Thing Trunk” and publishers “Skystone Games and Surefire Games” introduced HELLCARD on 1 Feb 2024, available on the Steam Store to play. It is an Adventure, Indie, RPG, strategy-making game that many users love from across the globe. It’s been a few days since it was released, but there are still many users reporting frequent crashes, freezing, not launching, or startup issues on various forums and Reddit.
If you are also facing such issues with HELLCARD, here are the steps that can prevent these issues and help you play hassle-free.
Why is “HELLCARD” crashing, freezing, not launching, or having startup issues?
There can be many reasons why “HELLCARD” crashes, freezes, won’t launch, or has startup issues, but, lack of compatibility with your system is the most common reason. If your system meets all the requirements to run HELLCARD, these could be a possible cause –
- Corrupted game files
- Software conflict
- Pending Updates
- Outdated graphics driver
- Missing or corrupted system drivers
- Lack of administrative rights
- Security software such as firewall or antivirus.
- Unknown Bugs from developers.
Fix HELLCARD Crashing, Freezing, Not Launching, or Startup Issues
Crashes, freezing, or startup issues with HELLCARD can prevent you from enjoying the game – some basic steps can resolve such issues and let you play this game.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, check if your device and the HELLCARD are running on their newest version, older versions may cause compatibility issues, resulting in the game crashing on your device.
- Temporary Disable Windows Firewall– system security software such as your firewall may block some game files resulting in a fatal error when starting the HELLCARD game.
- Restart your device and relaunch HELLCARD – Sometimes, the problem may be caused by a temporary glitch that requires a fresh start to resolve, this can lead to temporary software glitches with connectivity; usually, helps.
- Disable your Antivirus– Like a firewall, if you have antivirus software, it may also block some game files, resulting HELLCARD game not loading properly and may also cause problems accessing some in-game features.
If you’ve checked these, but the HELLCARD game is still crashing, follow the steps below.
Check If Your Device Meets the Minimum Requirements
The most common reason for HELLCARD to crash, freeze, or not launch is the lack of requirements to run the game properly –it’s time to verify if your device meets the minimum requirements so that the game can run without any problems.
Make sure to meet these Minimum Requirements
- OS *: Windows 7 64-bit or newer (*From January 1st, 2024, the Steam Client will only support Windows 10 and later versions)
- Needed Processor: Intel i5 4th generation or AMD FX 6300 or equivalent
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Required Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750TI or equivalent
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Required Storage: 35 GB available space
- Additional Notes: a) Can run at 720p/60fps; b) We advise you install the game on an SSD for a more streamlined experience. c) Requires “Windows Memory integrity and VBS enablement” to be disabled
Install All Pending Updates For Your PC (Windows)
Pending updates for your PC can be another possible reason why HELLCARD crashes, freezes, or won’t launch. Check for pending updates and consider them installing all – HELLCARD requires the most delinquent versions of drivers and other supported software to launch and work properly.
- Open Windows Settings.
- From the left side of the screen, click on “Windows Update” and then “Check for Updates.”
- You will see all (One or more) pending updates for your PC, download and install them.
- Relaunch the HELLCARD and see if it starts without the previous issues.
Run HELLCARD As Administrator
Players have discussed on various forums and social media handles like Reddit that granting administrator rights to HELLCARD has helped them resolve crashing or startup issues.
- From your Steam library, right-click HELLCARD, and select Properties.
- Head on to the “Installed Files” option and click on it,
- Now, click the “Browse” button that will open the game directory.
- Next, right-click on the .exe file of the HELLCARD game and select “Properties.”
- Under the Compatibility tab, find the “Run this program as an administrator” option and click the checkbox next to it.
- Click on “Apply” and launch HELLCARD.
Verify Game Files (Steam Client)
For the first time, corrupted game files may have been installed, resulting in issues loading, launching, or opening – verifying and repairing corrupted HELLCARD game files may resolve the freezing and loading issues and allow the game to launch properly. It may help to do so.
- Open your Steam Library.
- Right-click HELLCARD and click on “Properties” from the appeared options.
- Go to the “Local Files” option and select the “Verify integrity of game files…” option.
- Wait for the HELLCARD files to be verified by Steam.
- After completing the process, re-launch HELLCARD.
Disable Steam Overlay
Open your Steam Library > Right-click on HELLCARD > Select Properties > Go to the General section > uncheck the “Enable Steam Overlay while in-game” checkbox.
Return to your game Library and relaunch HELLCARD to check for the not launching issue.
Launch the Game in Windowed Mode (Steam)
- Open the Steam Library.
- Right-click on HELLCARD > Select Properties > General > Click on Set Launch Options.
- Now, copy & paste the following command-line argument:
- Next, save the changes and try running the game again to check if HELLCARD is launching properly or not.
Close Background Task (Windows)
Running multiple background programs may interfere with HELLCARD, preventing the game from launching smoothly – close the programs one by one and launch the game to see which program is interfering with the game.
- Open Task Manager.
- You will see the list of running background programs.
- Select a task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task.
- Launch HELLCARD to see if that program was the culprit.
Note: If this makes no change, perform the same steps with another program to find the culprit.
If all the above methods are not able to make any changes to the situation, reinstalling HELLCARD should be your next step.
The new version of the game “HELLCARD” can help solve the problems that were in its previous version – uninstall the installed one and reinstall the new version.
Wait for the Update
The installed version of HELLCARD may contain some unknown bugs from the developers. If this is the case, you may see a patch note coming soon to resolve HELLCARD’s known issues and bugs like crashes, loading, or fatal errors – keep your eyes on the game’s official social handles or the game’s Steam page.
For now, you have two options- update HELLCARD or contact game support.