Granblue Fantasy: Relink, developed and published by Cygames, Inc., is an Action, Adventure, RPG, Free to Play game. You can get it on your system via the Steam Store and start enjoying it. While many users have already started enjoying the Granblue Fantasy: Relink, some are reporting that the game is crashing, not launching, or throwing fatal errors on start-up.
Here’s how you can resolve these issues with the Granblue Fantasy: Relink.
Granblue Fantasy: Relink game might be crashing freezing or refusing to load/launch due to these –
- Corrupted game files
- Software conflict
- Pending Windows updates
- Outdated graphics driver
- Missing or corrupted system drivers
- Lack of administrative rights
- Firewall or antivirus protection software.
Perform Some Basic Checks First
If you have just installed Granblue Fantasy: Relink and tried to launch it but started facing issues with the game, first, do some basic checks. Here are the steps to follow:
- Make sure your PC and the Granblue Fantasy: Relink game are up to date, this may cause compatibility issues, resulting in the game crashing on your PC.
- Disable Windows Firewall– your firewall software may block some game files resulting in a fatal error when starting the Granblue Fantasy: Relink game.
- Restart your PC and relaunch Granblue Fantasy: Relink – this helps resolve temporary software glitches with the connectivity.
- Disable Antivirus– Like a firewall, your antivirus software may also block certain game files and cause the Granblue Fantasy: Relink game to not load properly.
Make Sure Your Device Meets the Minimum Requirements
If Granblue Fantasy: Relink is crashing on your device, it means that the device is lacking somewhere to meet the minimum requirements to run the game smoothly. The first thing to confirm is that your system meets the minimum requirements to run and play the Granblue Fantasy: Relink game.
Here are the Minimum Requirements (Windows)
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows® 10 (64-bit Required)
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-9100 / AMD Ryzen™ 3 3200G
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Required Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX™ 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon™ RX 580 8GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 90 GB available space
- Additional Notes from the developers: SSD recommended (Capable of 1080p/30fps when graphics are set to Standard.)
Install Pending Updates For Your PC (Windows)
Pending updates for your PC are another possible cause of the Granblue Fantasy: Relink crashing. Consider installing all pending updates on your PC – Granblue Fantasy: Relink requires the latest versions of drivers and other supported software to run properly.
- Open Windows Settings.
- Click on “Windows Update” and then “Check for Updates.”
- There can be one or more updates for your PC, download and install them.
- Relaunch the Granblue Fantasy: Relink and see if it starts without the previous issues.
Granblue Fantasy: Relink may require administrator rights to run on your PC – this might be a solution to resolve crashing or Startup issues.
- Open the Steam library, right-click Granblue Fantasy: Relink, and select Properties.
- Look for the “Installed Files” option and click on it, then click the “Browse” button to open the game directory.
- Next, right-click on the .exe file of the Granblue Fantasy: Relink game and select “Properties.”
- Under the Compatibility tab, look for the “Run this program as an administrator” option and click the checkbox next to it.
- Click on “Apply” and launch Granblue Fantasy: Relink.
Verify Game Files
Corrupted game files might have been installed, and caused loading, launching, or opening problems- verifying and repairing corrupted Granblue Fantasy: Relink game files can solve the freezing and loading problem and help the game run smoothly.
- Open the Steam Library.
- Right-click Granblue Fantasy: Relink and select “Properties.”
- Under the “Local Files” option, select the “Verify integrity of game files…” option.
- Wait for the Granblue Fantasy: Relink files to be verified by Steam.
- After completing the process, re-launch Granblue Fantasy: Relink.
Disable Steam Overlay
Open the Steam client > Go to Library > Right-click on Granblue Fantasy: Relink > Select Properties > Go to the General section > uncheck the Enable Steam Overlay checkbox.
Return to the Library and relaunch Granblue Fantasy: Relink to check for the not launching issue.
Launch the Game in Windowed Mode (Steam)
- Open the Steam Library.
- Right-click on Granblue Fantasy: Relink > Select Properties.
- From the General section, click on Set Launch Options.
- Next, copy & paste the following command-line argument:
- Now, save the changes and try running the game again to check if Granblue Fantasy: Relink launching properly or not.
Close Background Programs
Running background programs may interfere with the Granblue Fantasy: Relink, preventing the game from launching smoothly – close programs one by one and launch the game to see what software/program is interfering with the game.
- Open Task Manager.
- From the list of running programs, select a task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task.
- Launch Granblue Fantasy: Relink to see if that program was the culprit.
Note: If the problem persists, perform the same steps with another program.
If all fails, and the game “Granblue Fantasy: Relink” is still crashing or refusing to load on your system, install the newer version of the game.
A fresh installation of the Granblue Fantasy: Relink might help resolve issues with the previous version – this will install a newer version of the game.
Wait for the New Patch
Game developers may release a patch note to resolve Granblue Fantasy: Relink known issues and bugs such as crashing, loading, or fatal errors – wait and install it when the update launches.
For now, if nothing helps to resolve your issue, you can go with two options- update Granblue Fantasy: Relink or contact game support.