News: Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden, developed by “DON’T NOD” and published by “Focus Entertainment”, will give you an amazing experience if you love hunting games: the game’s story is full of action and adventures where you will have to Hunt ghosts. Become a Banisher and start hunting ghosts with experts in the fight against undead creatures. Moving forward in the game, you will have to make many meaningful decisions that will help you uncover the secret of New Eden. The developers have tried to make Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden interesting and playable for all users, but, some players are reporting on various forums and Reddit that the game is crashing, not launching, or freezing on start-up.
If you are also plagued with such issues with the Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden, then stick with this guide – here you will know why this is happening and how to solve it.
Why is “Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden” crashing, freezing, or not launching/opening on StartUp?
Several culprits can be considered for Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden to crash or freeze on your device, including– a temporary glitch, missing or corrupted game files, software conflict, pending updates for your PC (Device), older version of the graphics driver, some missing or corrupted system drivers, lack of administrative rights, security software such as firewall or antivirus, or unknown bug from developers.
Troubleshoot Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden Crashing, Freezing, Not Launching, or Startup Issues
Close Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden, Reboot Your Device and Relaunch the Game
If Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden is crashing, freezing, or not launching on startup then this is the first step you should try: simply close the game, restart your device (PC, PS5, Deck, etc.), and relaunch the game – Sometimes, the problem is only temporary that requires just a fresh start.
Update Your Device’s Firmware and the Game
If providing a fresh start does not help resolve the issue, check if your device’s firmware and Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden are running on their latest version – older versions may cause compatibility issues, resulting in game crashes. It may happen, or it may freeze.
Disable Windows Firewall
Due to certain security privileges, your system security software like Firewall may block certain game files resulting in a fatal error when starting the Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden game – disabling the Firewall before launching the game can prevent such issues.
Disable Antivirus Software
Disable your Antivirus (Windows PC)– just like the firewall, if you have antivirus software (e.g. Norton, McAfee, etc) installed on your device, it may also block certain game files, resulting in Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden failing to launch or crashing.
Check If Your Device Meets the Minimum Requirements
To prevent crashes or startup problems with Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden, it is very important to run the game on a system with at least the minimum requirements– if your system fails to meet the minimum requirements, the game may crash or freeze on startup.
Here are the Minimum Requirements
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10/11 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i3-8300 / AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: 4 GB VRAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti / AMD Radeon RX 580
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 52 GB available space
- Additional Notes: 30 FPS in 1920×1080 with the “Low” preset
Update Your PC (Windows)
If you are trying to play Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden on your Windows PC then make sure that your PC is updated: pending updates for your PC can be another possible reason for Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden to crash or freeze.
- Open Windows Settings.
- On the Settings screen, click on “Windows Update” and then “Check for Updates.”
- See if One or more pending updates are available and download and install them.
- Relaunch Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden and see if it starts without the previous issues.
Launch Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden as an Administrator
Some players on Reddit, have discussed that running Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden as an administrator has helped them resolve crashing or startup issues.
- Access your Steam library and right-click Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden > select Properties > Installed Files.
- Click the “Browse” button.
- Next, right-click on the .exe file of the Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden game and select “Properties.”
- Go to Compatibility > click the checkbox next to the option- “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Click on “Apply” and launch Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden.
Verify Game Files (Steam Client)
Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden game files may be corrupted or missing during installation, corrupted or missing game files may cause loading, launching, crashing, or opening problems– verify and repair such files to prevent such problems.
- Open your Steam Library > right-click Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden and click on “Properties” from the options.
- Go to Local Files > “Verify integrity of game files…” option.
- Wait for a while for the process to complete and after the process is complete, launch Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden again.
Disable Steam Overlay
- Open your Steam Library and Right-click on Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden.
- Select Properties and Go to the General section.
- Uncheck the “Enable Steam Overlay while in-game” checkbox.
- Return to your game Library and relaunch Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden to check for the not launching issue.
Launch the Game in Windowed Mode (Steam)
- Open the Steam Library > right-click on Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden and Select Properties.
- Go to General > click on Set Launch Options.
- Copy & paste the following command-line argument:
- Next, save the changes and launch the Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden again.
Close Background Programs (Windows)
Running multiple programs in the background may consume more resources, preventing Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden from launching smoothly– closing such interfering programs might help resolve freezing or startup issues with the game. Identify and close the interfering programs one by one and launch the game to see which one is causing the issue with the “Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden”.
- Open Task Manager and select a task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task.
- Launch Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden to see if that program was the culprit.
Note: Perform the same steps with another program to check if that is the culprit.
Perform A Clean Boot
Clean boot is a process to allows the minimum set of drivers and services to your Windows PC: by performing a clean boot, you can identify if any background programs were interfering with Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden and causing the crashing issue.
Once you’ve identified the culprit, you can close that program to see if the startup problems with Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden are resolved.
Delete Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden and Install it Again
If all of the above methods are not able to make any changes to the situation, the problem may be with the installed game files– delete Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden and reinstall it from the Steam Store, this should solve the problems with the game.
Verify Game Servers
If the load on the game’s servers reaches its peak, users may face crashing or freezing issues with Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden– confirm the exact situation, wait, and try again after some time.
Wait for the New Update
The installed version of Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden can contain some unknown bugs or issues. If this is the case, you may see a new patch note from the developers of Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden: with this new patch, known issues and bugs like crashes, loading, or fatal errors might be resolved.
Keep your eyes on Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden’s official social media pages or contact game support.