News: Awakened: Last Whisper, developed and published by “SparklingPishy”, is an Action, Adventure, Casual, Indie game available on the Steam Store. You can start enjoying this game with many players as the game supports Massively Multiplayer, and dive into the open world where you will need survival skills to protect yourself from bloodthirsty zombies. Since its release, many users have started enjoying Awakened: Last Whisper, but, some are reporting that the game is crashing, not launching, or getting fatal errors on start-up on various forums and Reddit.
If you also start experiencing problems with Awakened: Last Whisper such as the game crashing, freezing, or not launching, then stick with this guide – here you will know why this is happening And how to solve it.
Why is “Awakened: Last Whisper” crashing, freezing, or not launching/opening?
There can be several culprits for Awakened: Last Whisper to crash or freeze on your device, including– a temporary issue, corrupted game files, software conflict, pending updates, outdated graphics driver, Missing or corrupted system drivers, lack of administrative rights, Security software such as firewall or antivirus, or unknown bug from developers.
Fix Awakened: Last Whisper Crashing, Freezing, Not Launching, or Startup Issues
Perform Basic Hacks
Before moving on to any other steps, take some basic steps that can solve such issues and let you play Awakened: Last Whisper.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Close and restart– this is the very first step that you may try if Awakened: Last Whisper is crashing: just close the game and restart your device (PC, PS5, Deck, etc): sometimes, the problem may be caused by a temporary glitch that requires a fresh start to resolve.
- If this doesn’t help, check if your device and Awakened: Last Whisper are running on their newest version: older versions may cause compatibility issues, resulting in the game crashing.
- Disable Windows Firewall (PC Users)– System security software like your firewall may block certain game files resulting in a fatal error when starting the Awakened: Last Whisper game.
- Disable your Antivirus (Windows PC)– Similar to a firewall, if you have antivirus software installed on your device, it may also block certain game files, resulting in Awakened: Last Whisper failing to launch. It may also prevent you from accessing certain in-game features.
If you’ve checked these, but the Awakened: Last Whisper game is still crashing, follow the steps below.
Check If Your Device Meets the Minimum Requirements
Along with restarting your device and relaunching Awakened: Last Whisper, it is also very important to run the game on a system with minimum requirements: if your system fails to meet the minimum requirements, the game may crash, freeze, or won’t launch.
Here are the Minimum Requirements
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 or 11
- Processor: Intel Series Integrated
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Graphics: Integrated
- DirectX: Version 12
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 2 GB available space
- Sound Card: One where you can hear.
- Additional Notes: Just as long as you have a decent computer or laptop with medium-end settings you should be good to go.
Update Your PC (Windows)
If you are trying to play Awakened: Last Whisper on your Windows PC then make sure that your PC is updated: Pending updates for your PC can be another possible reason for Awakened: Last Whisper to crash or freeze. Check and install all available updates for your PC.
- Open Windows Settings.
- From the Settings screen, click on “Windows Update” and then “Check for Updates.”
- See if One or more pending updates are available for your PC and download and install them.
- Relaunch the Awakened: Last Whisper and see if it starts without the previous issues.
Open Awakened: Last Whisper With Administrator Rights
Some players on Reddit, have discussed that running Awakened: Last Whisper as an administrator has helped them resolve crashing or startup issues.
- From your Steam library, right-click Awakened: Last Whisper, and select Properties > Installed Files.
- Click the “Browse” button to open the game directory.
- Next, right-click on the .exe file of the Awakened: Last Whisper game and select “Properties.”
- Go to Compatibility > “Run this program as an administrator” option and click the checkbox next to it.
- Click on “Apply” and launch Awakened: Last Whisper.
Verify Game Files (Steam Client)
Corrupted game files might also cause loading, launching, crashing, or opening issues: verify and repair corrupted Awakened: Last Whisper game files.
- Open your Steam Library.
- Right-click Awakened: Last Whisper and click on “Properties” from the appeared options.
- Go to > Local Files > “Verify integrity of game files…” option.
- Wait for the Awakened: Last Whisper files to be verified by Steam.
- After completing the process, re-launch Awakened: Last Whisper.
Disable Steam Overlay
- Open your Steam Library and Right-click on Awakened: Last Whisper.
- Select Properties and Go to the General section.
- Uncheck the “Enable Steam Overlay while in-game” checkbox.
- Return to your game Library and relaunch Awakened: Last Whisper to check for the not launching issue.
Launch the Game in Windowed Mode (Steam)
- Open the Steam Library.
- Right-click on Awakened: Last Whisper and Select Properties.
- Go to General > click on Set Launch Options.
- Now, copy & paste the following command-line argument:
- Next, save the changes and relaunch Awakened: Last Whisper.
Close Background Programs (Windows)
Running multiple background programs may consume more space and resources preventing Awakened: Last Whisper from launching smoothly – close the programs one by one and launch the game to see which one is causing the issue.
- Open Task Manager and select a task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task.
- Launch Awakened: Last Whisper to see if that program was the culprit.
Note: If this makes no change, perform the same steps with another program to find the culprit. And if this doesn’t help, try the next fix.
Perform A Clean Boot
A clean boot allows the minimum set of drivers and services to run your Windows PC: by performing a clean boot, you will identify if any background programs were interfering with Awakened: Last Whisper and causing the crashing issue.
Reinstall the Game
If all the above methods are not able to make any changes to the situation, reinstalling Awakened: Last Whisper should be your next step.
The new version of the game “Awakened: Last Whisper” can help solve the problems that were in its previous version – uninstall the installed one and reinstall the new version.
Wait for the New Update
The installed version of Awakened: Last Whisper can contain some unknown bugs or issues. If this is the case, you may see a new patch note from the developers of Awakened: Last Whisper: with this new patch, known issues and bugs like crashes, loading, or fatal errors might be resolved.
Keep your eyes on Awakened: Last Whisper’s official social media pages or contact game support.